News: Jerry Jones accuses Giants of faking injuries-PFT

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 9, 2013.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,163 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones accuses Giants of faking injuries
    Posted by Darin Gantt on September 9, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
    [IMG]Reuters
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/09/jerry-jones-accuses-giants-of-faking-injuries/

Giants linebacker Dan Conner left last night’s game with what was described as a burner, and didn’t return.
    But consider the Cowboys suspicious when defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins left on the next play, but returned after missing just one snap.
    It just so happens that the Cowboys were trying to play at a faster tempo during that second quarter stretch, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn’t think it was a coincidence.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,613 Messages
    2,698 Likes Received
    witten did it during the game...
  3. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

8,295 Messages
    1,562 Likes Received
    Jenkins faked IMO. He was just gassed and needed a rest.
  4. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

6,569 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Zordon likes this.
  5. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,938 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Totally fake. Collinsworth said it happens a lot in the NFL. o_O
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

39,566 Messages
    17,548 Likes Received
    Lol. I like Romo.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

5,570 Messages
    1,335 Likes Received
    We shouldn't complain, we might be in the same boat when playing against Philthy with our razor thin DL rotation.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

39,566 Messages
    17,548 Likes Received
    I'd say there's zero chance of us resorting to faking injuries. One thing I like about this current incarnation of the Cowboys is our respect for the game.
    It's very possible we're gassed and getting taken advantage of by PHI, though. I'm really curious to see how they look tonight. One of the biggest potential surprises--one way or another--of this season, in my opinion.
    JonJon likes this.
  9. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,077 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Right. Unlike the Giants, the Cowboys are a classy organization.
  10. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    I would like them to make a rule that you have to sit out for 5 minutes of gameplay if you go down with an injury. If it is bad enough then you should have no problem sitting on the bench. I think that is the only way to really solve the issue. They could always have a 2nd string guy fake an injury, but if you are running a no huddle than you should be able to exploit the mismatch.
  11. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

4,488 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Does it really matter? From what I saw of our hurry up offense last night, he could of laid there for 10 mins. Seriously, our no huddle offense is the slowest I have ever seen.
    BAT likes this.
  12. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,973 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Jenkins was faking, no doubt, but most teams do this when needed...I complained when it happened, but realized quickly that it is part of the game...no way to stop it and I wouldn't be adverse to the Cowboys doing this if needed