1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry Jones coming up on CBS This Morning

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Richmond Cowboy, Nov 18, 2013.

1. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,130 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Keep buying those ticks and Pesi and Pappa John's pizza at AR&T stadium. and you will keep getting 1 playoff win in 17 years. it's your fault, not Jerry's.
  2. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    whoa your gonna get berated with that crazy talk going on around herd. Teams with gm.s and real football men dont make mistakes. They dont give up entire drafts for WRs or overated, innacurate passing QBs
  3. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,781 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    Better get ready for more of the same o'l Jerrah for 15-20 more years...yikes!
  4. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,211 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    This is sad, but it actually traces back to Jimmy Johnson expressing interest in the Jacksonville opening back in 1993 when they were awarded a franchise.

Jones said after the firing took place that he needed someone who was completely invested in the Cowboys and felt the pain due to the equity in the team, not just from drawing a paycheck. It was from that point forward that he did not put personnel control in his coach's contracts.

This was likely all part of some plan of his to become the complete face of the team, but its roots, at least as it was articulated, was grounded back then.

What he fails to realize is that if he were to turn over the reins of the team to a qualified GM, and allowed that person the room to operate properly, he would be hailed as being someone who did what was best for his team and organization. What he fails to realize is that if that team, with the revised structure, was to win a Super Bowl, he would be celebrated as an owner who did right by his team, and sacrificed his ego for the betterment of his franchise.

The problem is that he is too mentally diseased and narcissistic to see this.
    car351, Wheeltax and BoysFan4ever like this.
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,410 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Firstly - NO ONE has said go pick a GM off of a tree. No thanks on second servings of futile. I'm positive that's the majority consensus.

Secondly - If they have all of this talent why are they a .500 team? Look no further that the man-with-the plan and gran-poohbah of all that is thee Dallas Cowboys. He hires and fires. HIS words......not mine.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,208 Messages
    5,715 Likes Received
    i should note that the 15-20 years comment was made by the reporter who interviewed him, you don't actually hear jerry say it in the interview..

as soon as the segment was over the interviewer had some live closing comments and that's where she mentioned jerry telling her (off camera) he wants to do this for "15-20 more years".
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,719 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    Not to add insult to injury, but if he really feels he can sell the world on his staying in control, he likely won't worry about selling a fan base on keeping Garrett around. As long as he's in charge, I really don't see it mattering.
    CowboysLegend365 likes this.
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    Nothing will change till he's strumming a harp or holding a pitchfork.
    George and Richmond Cowboy like this.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I just watched the piece.

What was the point of the video? Why in the world did the CBS this morning crew come interview Jerry?

Why are people so obsessed with talking about the stupid stadium? Who cares? I mean that, at this point who cares?

I wonder which other nfl gm's are going to be on CBS this morning talking about their stadiums this week?
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  10. BoysFan4ever

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    I bet Jerry dvr'd himself!
    Wheeltax likes this.
  11. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

850 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    I will now go find a tall building to jump from.
  12. Beatledust

Beatledust New Member

12 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, things won't improve, until ol' Jerruh moves back to Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,208 Messages
    5,715 Likes Received
    this is exactly what I was thinking when I was watching this morning. what was the point of this?

granted i missed the 1st half of the interview, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe they were talking about something worthwhile at the beginning but I guess they didn't?

jerry is something else I tell ya. he has dalrymple call up the major networks for these "introspective" interviews every few months. this is the first time i've seen him on a morning show, usually they just call up costas.
  14. BoysFan4ever

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    Please do not insult Mister Rogers or his neighbors! :)
  15. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,015 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    None. Only Jerry. It's like he's blind and driving a Porsche down the interstate.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    As to why, I'm guessing this was part of CBS's Thanksgiving day game...
  17. BoysFan4ever

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    Then why show it now & not on Thanksgiving? Lord knows they have enough silly pregame stuff. You may be right though.
  18. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    That was my first thought, red kettle kickoff stuff.

The only thing the guy didn't mention was the artwork then it would have been a complete Jerry interview where he pats himself on the back for being so cultured and such a forward thinker.

this guy irritates me so much at this point I don't want to watch any football.
  19. car351

car351 Member

88 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Excellent post. Doesn't even take a doctorate in psychiatry to see how you perfectly assessed Jerry's mental/character issues as truly, the big picture culprit, which has systematically been bringing down this once proud organization for the last 17 years. Unfortunately, it will be getting even worse very soon.
  20. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Active Member

521 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    lol sounds like a prison sentence of something like that if they don't start winning more he may have it all to himself may not be any one left for him to worry about spending money or pulling for the team