1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry Jones comments on Rob Ryan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 9, 2013.

1. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,133 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Offense has been putrid for a long time. Can't get going in the first half, abysmal in the red zone, can't make in game adjustments, among league leaders in penalties, keystone cop act all the time. Its been six years or this mostly.
  2. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

i wouldnt mind...if they get a good OC......but unless they fix the O line it wont matter
  3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,889 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    For me, it's not that Jerry fired anybody, it's that he is truly upset that they missed the playoffs. He should be handing out medals for 8-8 with this roster he stuck them with. This team was not a playoff competitive squad before the injuries, and then they go and have a ton of them making them even worse. Then he cites a loss at Seattle (8-0) as a linchpin, as if this team was a lock to win. Jerry is nuttier than a bowl of Grape Nuts.
  4. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received

:lmao: :lmao:
    I love this website, and all the participants. This is great. Glad I found it.
  5. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,133 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    They stunk. But the offense stunk worse than the defense. Hiring Rob Ryan was probably a big mistake. Whose idea was that in the first place? But firing him, while probably allowing one of the worst head coaches in the league chance after chance only compounds the idiocy.
  6. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,267 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    What scares me about these comments is Jerry clearly doesn't realize this team has a talent deficiency. It's like he can't comprehend why we lost games when everyone was healthy. Maybe it's time to look at the "talent" you're bringing in Jerry.
  7. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I agree....what does that have to do with anything ive said?

the rest of what you said is pure opinion....
  8. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I have a feeling player heads will roll as well..
  9. dupree89

2,032 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    That Seattle game, was over fast. Felix fumbles the opening kick and seattle gets a FG. Dallas offense goes 3 and out...the punt is blocked and returned for a TD....the Seattle crowd was pumped...and that baby was over.

And then the Bears game...I just have difficulty pointing fingers at anyone except Romo and his 5 INTs....or at least his first 3...after that he was just forcing stuff.
  10. dupree89

2,032 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    dadymat..can I mention a few to you and see if you agree? And this of course is assuming the cap hit wouldnt be too bad. I wanna see if someone agrees with me or not.
  11. RGKN33

RGKN33 New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Posts like this are just for the uninformed or people who dont get to hear/see what goes on in the meetings/locker rooms etc ...

The main reasons for not much press were when we did we got burnt . alot !
    Same thing with the blitzes when we did we just didnt get to the qb for a lot of different reasons , speed , strength ,and technique to get off the pickups . Not to mention all the injuries we were forced to play vanilla .

Why do you think Rob Ryan has succeeded in being a pretty damn good coach everywhere else ?
    Alot has to do with this organization and how its run .

Only thing that bothered me was the 3 man rush a lil too often when we had to make a stop but as a coach with the above reasons you can see why .
  12. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    You have all been sucked, yet again. Typical.
  13. dupree89

2,032 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    cowboyeric..please explain for this newbie, please. I think I get it, but not sure.
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Nine years at Defensive Coordinator and his defenses have averaged 22nd in the league. He has not been a pretty damn coordinator anywhere. Not with the Raiders, not with the Browns, not with the Cowboys, not with a fox, not in a box.
  15. RGKN33

RGKN33 New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Stats dont always tell the whole story .
    Look at the teams hes had to work with .
    A good coach is a good coach .
  16. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Tim (insert media name here) makes a comment (untrue, way to much inferring) and everyone eats it up gospel. Therefore getting him more attention.
  17. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

:) ......
  18. dupree89

2,032 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received

yeah. that guy tricked me. I read it 4x. Very deliberately. It was very misleading.
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,816 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    What football genius hired him? You cant have it both ways....someone in the that FO thought he was a good hire and that person is either right or wrong?

Here is a hint, that same big time football guy thought Dave Fricking Campo was a HC.

If you think he (Ryan) sucks as you say, then there is a totally stupid person running the FO as they missed your helpful stats of how sucky RR is.

Personally, I dont care for Ryan either way. The knee-jerk circus like running of the Dallas Cowboys is what really sucks for me.
  20. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

I don't want it both ways. I didn't like the hire to begin with. I was just responding to the "he's been a pretty damn good coach" myth. Re: Jerry...if you're looking for an argument from me about Jerry, you're barking up the wrong tree.