1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry Jones gets booed in his own building

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by birdwells1, Apr 5, 2014.

1. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Excellent post. I also don't understand fans here that defend Jerry. They talk about being a "real fan" and always supporting the Cowboys. Tolerating Jones running this team into the ground is the absolute worst thing a "real fan" would/should do.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Which means it's like a normal home game for Dallas with the crowd largely comprised of people visiting from somewhere else.
    stasheroo likes this.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,202 Likes Received
    I don't approve of booing players in their real lives. But Jerry is one man who should be booed everywhere he goes in Dallas. Everywhere....
  4. Hoofbite

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Why are people so eager to fondle themselves over his legacy?

So what? I don't care how he's remembered, just as I don't care how any other famous person is remembered.

Jerry's legacy and how he's remembered does nothing to change the here and now regarding his poor management of the team.

What he's done (mostly 20 years ago) doesn't change what he is doing now, which is what is getting him booed.
  5. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

942 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Mike Florio points out dissing a man at his house is very rude - he misses the point.

99.999% of us are held accountable and have to be very good at what we do...Jerry has practiced incompetence over 20 years that would have the rest of us fired and blackballed long ago. The tremendous loyality of the Cowboys fans have allowed him to get away with murder of a once great team. Fans are frustrated with his tin ears and it's starting to get ugly.
  6. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    5th grade
  7. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

942 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Everybody cares about something dearly. Making billions is one of them for Jerry. Being egotistical would suggest how he's remembered might be the the other. As much as he grovels for attention, if he doesn't care about his legacy, he is truly mental...if only that could provide a legal means to transfer ownership to someone else.
  8. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Obviously he did but he's still a HOFer. That trumps everything IMO.
  9. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    OJ is a Hall of Famer.
  10. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  11. Hoofbite

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    For him, sure.

For fans, they had to suffer through those 10 years.

I don't care about Jerry's legacy. I do care if the team has to struggle and flounder until he moves on.
  12. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,290 Likes Received
    You can't be this uninformed. Jerry Jones has contributed greatly to the health and popularity of the NFL. He is highly respected by those in the know. Don't let fan hatred cloud your view of the big picture.
    casmith07 likes this.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,163 Messages
    4,347 Likes Received
    Don't be so sure. He has already accomplished a lot. Being very proactive as an owner and making money for the owners will carry quite a bit of weight.
  14. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,290 Likes Received
    To be honest, fans were quiet at Texas Stadium too. I don't think the video board is the issue. We have an odd fan base - a very large, diverse cross section of Americans who are very vocal about the Cowboys until game time. Then everyone is quiet, even during successful eras.

EDIT: After re-reading your post, you basically said the same thing, lol.
  15. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,280 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Ya know, I tried not to seem quite so obvious. But yes, it seems we speak the same language :)
    AmberBeer likes this.
  16. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,280 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Rod Hill is a very nice pull. Well-played, sir.

Who doesn't celebrate the innovator? They are pretty much the envy of all. Landry, Brandt, and Schramm helped make this organization so special, setting it apart by thinking outside the box in each of their own specific areas of expertise.

I suppose it's also what made the Jerry/Jimmy partnership so exciting to many of us. The NFL handbook was basically shoved down their throat and they responded by telling the rest of the league to go straight to hell. Once mocked and scoffed, soon enough regarded as trend setters.

At least the organization is still cutting-edge when it comes to revenue generation. As for matters of football, I will have to remain patient.
  17. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,268 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    lol.

It seems that some Jones critics, a good portion of whom seemingly are not even from North Texas, are proactive about Jerry Jones despite the always vocal yet never serious boycotters. That's good. The only practical approach is to attack his narcissism. At minimum, an effective economic boycott of Dallas Cowboys ticket and merchandise sales would require a national organizational effort. At maximum, it would need to extend worldwide. For all the endless grumbling from so many, no one has spearheaded a single boycott campaign that has even placed a microscopic scratch on the money-making machine.

Is it possible? Certainly. Is there an individual or group out there among billions of humans capable of such a highly improbable organizational feat? Of course there is. Humans have accomplished the impossible many times. Will it ever happen? Judging from past experience, no. Luckily, it may not be necessary. The solution may be as simple as displaying vocal or expressive discontent in front of cameras that connects the negativity with Jones himself. Slice at the man's persona. Nick away at his personal perception of what are the best steps at improving the franchise. The solution may not only be simple, but also cheap and easily coordinated. Heck, it may not even required detailed coordination.

Nah. It can't be that elementary, plain or unsophisticated...

Boycott!

lol.
  18. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

942 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Imagine an obituary of a college professor who's research on a team won the Nobel Prize in a field like Biology and turned out students that also did great things - the university honors him with a statue and building named after him. But he had kids that are grown that can't hold down a job and are frequently in trouble. We could cite successful and even famous people that did notable things, yet let things at home go.

Of course that's Jerry Jones life so far: may be great for the NFL as a whole, but let his own team go for the past 20 years - 25 years if he had not met Jimmy Johnson. He definitely could have kept the Cowboys an elite team simply by making peace with Jimmy - sending a message to the best coaches out there it would be a good environment if they wanted to succeed him.
  19. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    lol, I can't stand the man but he's a lock for the HOF
  20. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,577 Messages
    3,848 Likes Received
    Ok gentlemen. This thread is ok to boo Jerry but not each other.