1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Jones: 'I expect success'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 22, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,003 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    ARLINGTON, Texas -- Jerry Jones has consistently said he likes the direction of the Dallas Cowboys under coach Jason Garrett, but the owner/general manager called that kind of talk "hollow" after the Cowboys' Thanksgiving Day loss.

The 38-31 loss to the Washington Redskins dropped the Cowboys to 5-6 this season, putting them in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs for the third consecutive season.

The Cowboys failed to come back from a 25-point halftime deficit against the Redskins, the fourth consecutive home game the Cowboys have trailed by double digits.

"That would be real difficult right now because you would have to point to things like comebacks, and that's hollow when you are not winning the game," Jones said. "Or last week, we win one (against the Cleveland Browns) and we have to come back to win it, but we don't win it playing well. So that's hollow right now."

Jones noted that Garrett had not "lost the team," meaning the Cowboys continue to play hard. That, however, is meeting minimum requirements, not Jones' expectations for a proud franchise that has won only one playoff game in the last 15 seasons and employed six coaches during that span.

"I don't want to be talking about looking through," Jones said. "Our expectations were to compete for the playoffs and then whatever else we can get when you get there, compete for. We know you've got to be playing well when you get there. We've had some setbacks on some injuries, but that's not the difference out here right now at all."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...s-cowboys-says-pointing-positives-loss-hollow
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,003 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Jerry is sweating bee bees in that interview.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,003 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Aint gonna happen with him as GM and ole red as coach.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,136 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    Interesting considering he was all smiles after that game.
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,594 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    And saying the O line was headed in the right direction if I remember.

Jerry is a joke. A bad joke.
  6. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,342 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    It's bad enough that we have to endure losing and a poor performance week after week, but I don't know how much longer I can endure Jerry's post-game comments. Why can't he stop rubbing salt in our wounds? He really believes the Cowboys fan base is stupid.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,666 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    I watched that interview on the website, and while he didn't seem angry or overly upset, it's encouraging that he said the injuries weren't an excuse.
  8. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Losing to the Skins at home on turkey day hurts. Are you listening Jerry?
  9. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you know what that was too much

jerry should get a tin fold chair and sit in the endzone until he sees progress
  10. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just wish he would shut up and fad into oblivion. I could go my entire life without hearing or reading another thing from Mr. Jones and be very very happy.
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,290 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    Maybe all hope is not lost, maybe Jerry has one last neuron firing that is telling him Garrett is a joke.
  12. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,032 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Sadly, there is only one way this will happen . . . . . . . .
  13. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,648 Messages
    1,453 Likes Received
    I think Garretts in trouble.
  14. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The Cowboys won't succeed under any new HC as long as Jones is still the GM so prepare for whomever as coach and more disappointment.

A new HC will only cure a symptom while the disease is still running rampant.
  15. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,069 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Somebody needs to tell Jerry to evaluate himself as a GM.
  16. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah. If he expects success than fire himself as GM. Would be the single most successful thing he could do to move this franchise in the right direction.
  17. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mr. Jones the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.
  18. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,238 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    i've got news for you

many of our fans are stupid

just read this board for a sampling of the over the top crazy sunshine pumping that goes on by allegedly "football smart" fans

we get crazy statements like

its a process and it is only garretts second year as HC (completely ignoring that he has been OC for 5+ years)

great defences are built through a good secondary becasue 'this is now a passing league'

we dont need a real NT for our 3-4 (clearly bellichick and lebeau know nothing about the 3-4)

out OL is struggling because costa is hurt (a long shot, who has strugled all last season, and has not been on the field for more than 2 games at a time this season)

garrett is a great OC and HC (mistly becasue he gives great PCs and talks a good game in cliches)

and on and on

all you can do is shake your head
  19. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,882 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Here's yet another serving of BS from our resident spinmaster. Pardon me while I regurgitate.
  20. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,955 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    About time he stops being satisfied with Garrett taking us in the wrong direction.

Personally loved Tim MacMahon's line, Garrett is all process and no progress.