1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Jones: 'I expect success'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Yep. It's very depressing but you're 100% correct. I mean I'd love to have Sean Payton but will he be able to coach here under Jerry? The only way is if Jerry backs away and gives Sean the control Parcells and Jimmy had.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,960 Messages
    428 Likes Received
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,193 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    peyton already has a job lined up (NO)

if jerry goes to him it will be hat in hand

hopefully peyton will be in a strong bargaining position like BP did
  4. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    He's our only hope, he knows Tony Romo and the offense. He'll hold players accountable. You won't see what you are seeing with Garrett.

Payton will leave New Orleans for Dallas if the price is right. Jerry isn't getting any younger and he knows time is running out on this current roster. If for some reason we can't land Payton we need to blow this team up with another head coach.

With Payton we won't have to do that. Jerry said the same thing about Wade and he fired him too. If we continue to struggle down the stretch which I think we will, Jerry will lure Payton away from New Orleans and pay him what he wants.
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I agree. Reading between the lines of what Jerry said, it looks like Jerry may be starting to think about a change, unless the on field product changes drastically.

Then again, trying to interpret Jerry's gibberish can only lead to insanity.
  6. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,865 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Jerry continues to sail up that river in Egypt (Denial) and he really doesn't want to get the understanding thatt he problems begin with him. As long as he maintains that the way he runs the football side of his business will always be this way, then not much will change. It won't matter who's coaching or playing, the resuklts will continue to be similar. Mr Jones has become the Clown Prince of Mediocrity. He is destined to celebrate the wins that his team will get and will minimize the defeats. There's only one cure for Al Davis Disease, and Jerry is simply too healthy for that. All we can do is hope.
  7. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    It's funny how an owner can expect success after 1 playoff win within the past 16 years.
  8. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,319 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    That's the sad truth of it all.
  9. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,143 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    jerry should expect more from the GM
  10. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

793 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    :bow:
  11. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've been a Cowboy's fan for 40 years, but I'm not going to hope the owner dies, just so I can hope the Boys chances of a better product improve. Check your priorities Phil.
  12. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,455 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Yep. Lets change coaches for the 7th time in the last 18 years. Hey, it was parcells fault, then Phillips was a dummy, now it's all Garrett's fault. I guess it's never the players fault or the self proclaimed "final decision maker" who is at fault.

I'll laugh in 3 years when the next guy either can't take anymore of the "final decision maker" and resigns or he is found just as incompetent as the last 6-7 coaches this franchise as had
  13. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,029 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    Well the two coaches, among all the scrubs that did well here is Jimmy and Parcells. The reason for that was they did things their way and didn't allow Jerry's World to get in the way.

Now where back to where there is no discipline and training camp has a carnival atmosphere. We have another puppet in place that will answer YES to whatever Jerry says to do.

:banghead:
  14. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,865 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I apologize for that. It is never my wish for Jerry to die, just to step away. Al Davis had a fixed, unshakeable view of how to build a winning football team and time passed him by. I can see how my statement could be seen as the proverbial death wish, but I can assure you, I do remember the victories in the 90's and acknowledge Jerry Jones' role in that.
  15. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Guess he is disappointed so far:laugh1:
  16. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    If the next coach can at least manage the clock, we will win more games.

Pack the bags Opie, you are done son.
  17. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,119 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    So...this is about to be 4 out of 5 years with a near elite QB working for a relatively cheap salary and no playoff appearances...and Jerry wants results.

Yeah, join the club, idiot.
  18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,252 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received
    Exactly, if the next coach can at least know when to properly use timeouts and how to manage the clock, we will win at least 2 more games a year automatically.
  19. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Sweet avatar pic. Wish I had met him.
  20. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,467 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Since Jerry isn't going to blame himself, then yes, JG is in huge trouble.

Anything short of a big finish and he's probably gone.