1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Jones: It's a fact that Nnamdi Asomugha wanted to play for the Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by ThreeSportStar80, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones: It's a fact that Nnamdi Asomugha wanted to play for the Cowboys

By JON MACHOTA
    Special contributor
    Published 12 August 2011 05:13 PM

Nearly every time Jerry Jones says the name Nnamdi Asomugha, the Cowboys owner and general manager reveals a little more about the negotiations that took place between the Cowboys and the top cornerback in free agency.

Asomugha, who signed with the Philadelphia Eagles two weeks ago, landed a contract that will pay him $60 million over the next five seasons.

Read more here: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...i-asomugha-wanted-to-play-for-the-cowboys.ece
  2. xout

xout Believer

487 Messages
    0 Likes Received

*insert knee jerk here*
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bottom line is Nnamdi is where he wanted to be, if Dallas was his first choice, he would have been a Cowboy.
  4. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    “We had known that he really wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy,” Jones said. “And that’s a fact. There, for about an hour, I thought he was going to be a Dallas Cowboy. You do that because you can do it and should do it, and take advantage of the opportunity.”[/I]

I have always gotten cranky over Jerry, the marketing guy, talking too much but one of the saving graces is, no one can ever figure out what he's saying anyway. :D
  5. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This one is for you, Jerry.

[youtube]2NQIPVqLMUg[/youtube]
  6. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

840 Messages
    103 Likes Received

Thanks, Jethro, now I feel better....:( So then the problem was JETHRO?
    Nah, he still thinks every NFL player is a closet Cowboy fan...sign of an inflated ego...
  7. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,766 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Sometimes Jerry really annoys me
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Welcome to the club bro... :laugh2:
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,730 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    I wish Jerry, the media, the fans, and everyone would just move on from this crap. It doesn't matter. He's an Eagle. That's the way it is.
  10. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think there'd be as much talk if Newman wasn't injured already... Again.

:(