1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry Jones needs to go

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by jobberone, Jan 3, 2014.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,278 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    How many playoff appearances and victories and conference and divisional championship game appearances do the eagles have since Jerry really took over (after Jimmy's players left) versus us? It is not even close
    Under the current organizational structure , even the eagles have a better chance than we do
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,610 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    It also sucks that we wasted the careers of two HOF players in Ware and Witten.
    CowboyFan4Eva likes this.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,235 Messages
    3,888 Likes Received
    They are an NFL team that has never won a Super Bowl. You can't just say they're not part of the equation because you don't want them to be part of the equation. The Cowboys have had years where they had a CHANCE to be contenders.
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,393 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    He's no Football guy.
  5. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,340 Messages
    1,222 Likes Received
    there are something like 40+ SB winners WITH a GM....I choose to think that way rather than compare the Cowboys to a team with a GM that hasn't won
  6. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,730 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    This site had maxed out the Romo is misunderstood by Cowboy fans threads, so this was all that was left.
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,575 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    I fear the Iggles win a Super Bowl before we win another one.
  8. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

932 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Sure, he could. All it would take would be a press conference in which he saves face with a few platitudes like, "I want to spend more time with my family" and "I want time to travel." There you go, Jerry. You don't have to come out and say, "I've run this franchise into the ground and need to hire someone who knows what he's doing," even if that's true. The guy's rich. He can do whatever he wants. He plays GM simply because he wants to, regardless of whether it's good for the team or not.
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,730 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    I don't believe I have seen that posted by any fan here. And I do read a great deal on nthis site.

I believe what is being said by those that loathe Jerry is this.

This league is difficult enough without having a billionaire playing Madden on a grand scale.
  10. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

847 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    For the record, I have never said or implied that if Jerry hires a GM and let him do his job, the Cowboys automatically go to a Super Bowl.

I will say they would often be in the playoffs and occasionally winning them.

And that Jerry is all but guaranteeing the Cowboys can't be in the playoffs with his performance right now.
  11. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,864 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Sooo..that's the goal?
  12. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    That's too easy. lol
  13. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Apparently, you like losing. He gets bad mouthed for a reason. And might I add he never takes the blame for anything and throws others under the bus for it. So, Jerry isn't the blame for any of this?
  14. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Big ifs.
  15. boyzjunkie

boyzjunkie Active Member

238 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    That is exactly my point. He is committed to proving HE can produce a winner. If he were to bring in a pro GM now and we become winners again it would just highlight the years of waste under his failed general management. He will not risk that.
    I truly believe he is desperate to win. But only if he will get the credit. Sort of ego maniacal. And he has pretty much shown he does not have the skills or talent to bring home a winner. (forget oil wells)