1. Are you a gamer? Come join us at GameNotOver.com
    If you are a gamer, then GameNotOver is your new home! Whether you are a PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, mobile or web gamer, you will find other gamers to talk with on GameNotOver where you can get help, share reviews of the latest games and gaming technology or even wax nostalgic over the gaming days of old. Come join us and help us grow GameNotOver into a wonderful community for gamers!
    Dismiss Notice

Jerry Jones: Romo will play five more years and believes he will be a QB on a SB

Discussion in 'Coaches/Front Office Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Nov 17, 2016.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

13,494 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    He can beat dak out but in the NFL you want your young cheap talent to win jobs so the deck will be stacked against him. They'll probably negotiate a team for him together and also keep the compensation minimum and based on games played and playoff success.

2. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

5,872 Messages
    2,345 Likes Received
    It's interesting how even a year or two into the five-year claim, the number remains at five.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  3. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

3,514 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    Hilarious

4. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

7,074 Messages
    8,308 Likes Received
    Well that's because Romo hasn't played the last 2 years so it's still five.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

3,892 Messages
    1,178 Likes Received
    I think he's just trying to sell it. Some team offers a second or even a late first. Eagles got a first for Bradford who's god awful

6. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

4,229 Messages
    2,066 Likes Received
    SMH...Mr. Jones...Mr. Jones...Mr. Jones. Always hedging his bets.

Prescott is now your team's QB. If he regresses, so be it. If he improves, so be it. You are all in on him. Let my QB go be a starter on a contender in 2017 please! Geez! Hopefully Dallas gets a couple of premium picks for Romo (one in 2017 and one in 2018) if not, release him and get the cap space Sir.

7. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

4,305 Messages
    4,135 Likes Received
    Maybe he should just shut up. Especially about the QB situation.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  8. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

3,179 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    No team is going to give up premium picks for Tony because of age and health just like no team gave up picks for Demarcus Ware. Just not
    going to happen. A team will give up picks for a good QB on the sunny side of 30. Indy had to release Manning too. Tony will be kept at
    current salary or released by June 1st next year and if released, Tony will pick his new team.

9. slick325

4,229 Messages
    2,066 Likes Received
    I think someone will as long as he re-works his current deal prior to any trade. Won't be a 1st. I can see a 2nd and a conditional 3rd that could become a 2nd. Contingent upon him staying healthy obviously and playing a certain percentage of the snaps.

We'll see Little D. Cross that bridge in the offseason. In the meantime, let's keep this 8-1 train steamrollin' down the tracks.

Go Cowboys

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  10. LittleD

3,179 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    No reason to re-work his deal. Jerry most likely won't want to pay that salary next year and Tony would like to negotiate his
    own deal with whatever team he chooses just like Manning did. Jerry's only moves are to keep him or let him go. Tony just
    has to let his agent find his next team and hopefully a bidding war ensues.

11. slick325

4,229 Messages
    2,066 Likes Received
    I was speaking from a potential suitors perspective. They would probably want to re-work his contract if they are trading for him.

12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

33,498 Messages
    12,179 Likes Received
    Sounds like Jerry's already trying to maximize trade value.:muttley:

Trouty likes this.
  13. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

19,974 Messages
    8,729 Likes Received
    Now that would be nice.

14. LittleD

3,179 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    I'm sure if the Cowboys wanted to trade Tony they would like for him to re-work his contract. Why on earth would Tony do that?
    If I'm Tony or his agent, I want Tony to be free to negotiate with any team that comes calling without any input from the Cowboys.
    There is no way I can see Tony staying with the Cowboys next year and being satisfied as a backup. He wants to play and for
    a team that can make it to the big show. There will be no trades for Tony.

slick325 likes this.
  15. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,945 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    possibly, I was thinking he is saying that for Romo's benefit ....if.... Tony wants to go play for another team next year.

haleyrules likes this.
  16. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

5,339 Messages
    15,422 Likes Received
    No NFL FO is going to offer too much for Tony...he is going on 37 with a serious injury problems and a bloated contract. He can not stay as a 15 million dollar back up. Tony will retire after the June 1st release.

17. Elusive6thRing

Elusive6thRing Well-Known Member

2,417 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    Maybe Jerry plans to give him another 100 million dollar contract.

18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

24,355 Messages
    9,102 Likes Received
    Fixed that for you. ;)

Trouty likes this.
  19. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

15,026 Messages
    2,371 Likes Received
    I'm convinced Romo has agreed to take a backseat, in exchange for a trade next year.

I believe they came to some type of agreement surrounding this.

20. Elusive6thRing

Elusive6thRing Well-Known Member

2,417 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    I may be the only one thinking this but I have an odd feeling Jerry is being 100% truthful that they are riding a hot hand now with Dak but this is still Romo's team and he will start next season or even this season if Dak struggles. It feels to me like Jerry and Garrett consider Romo almost family and want him starting, the only reason Dak is still starting is because of Stephen Jones.

I do not think that speech came from the team it came from Romo because he's a good guy and doesn't want to be a distraction, but it doesn't mean his time being a starter in Dallas is done.