1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry Jones says we can get away with lesser talent on OL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Little Jr, Feb 23, 2013.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,920 Messages
    1,194 Likes Received
    As much as I like John Madden he has a lot to answer to for creating that game.
  2. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,291 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    Believe nothing of what you hear from end of February to the draft.
  3. Shiloht88

Shiloht88 Benched

64 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He ensures he is surrounded by people who won't question him. It is how he keeps himself in the news. How anyone defends him still is beyond me.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,655 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    I'm so hoping this is true.

I know going after Claiborne was under the radar last year.

The last two years, I've had the impression that Garrett and Stephen Jones have had more say in the draft. We can only hope that to be true, because no chance garrett would not want to protect Romo better via the run game as and pass protection.

Ryan kicked and screamed about getting CB (and other) help last year and won out with 4 of the 1st 5 picks going to defesne and out top FA dollars going to CB as well.

Garrett and Romo were told they would find help in the FA market last year, but it appears they over estimated the quality of the FAs they brought in. I think the Free suckage was a suprise.
  5. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,522 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    If this is true and not a smoke screen I would refuse to restructure or re-sign if I were Romo. He takes so much grief from the fans and media when he is running for his life every play.
  6. nalam

nalam The realist

1,282 Messages
    46 Likes Received

I hope it's is, Jerry used to speak on all sides of mouth before , but I think he has become senile, I hope not , come on Stephen Jones , fire him and appoint a real GM
    : :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
  7. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,509 Messages
    977 Likes Received
    Romo's asking price probably just went up after hearing this. :laugh2:
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,462 Likes Received
    Everybody talks about the effect on Romo, nobody talks about how it affects the running backs. I'd argue they have it worse than Romo.
  9. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,317 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    I would agree with this one. I love Dallas, always have, but I had to ditch my passion years ago when it became evident that Jerry was going to be our Lifetime Matt Millen.

On a lighter note, it's a little cool watching to see if you can luck into some football glory by simply being on the job long enough.
  10. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    That was the main problem. They over estimated the talent.

Frankly, assuming Spencer is gone, I would spend that money on an OG in FA and DL rotation depth. Then in the Draft you would be not forced into anything.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,119 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    You forgot

6-10
    8-8
    8-8

Hey Jerry

Maybe some of us dont just want to get by
  12. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,128 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    Jerry remains the stubborn in-grown hair in the Cowboys backside.

What a sad, sad excuse of a man.

If I'm Romo, I refuse to sign the extension. He's got Jerry by the short hairs with that $17 million cap hit.
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,803 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    :lmao:

He's sad because he shares a view of HIS team, different then yours? Who's to say he won't go ahead and go full O-line/D-line mode come draft and FA? Don'e even say anything about the past.

Jump the gun much?

Yeah, Jerry is so sad :rolleyes:..... A guy who can probably buy your salary 40x times.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,920 Messages
    1,194 Likes Received
    so he made a pile of money as an oilman? THat makes him a expert on Professional Football?

I guess you have not bothered to look at the results over the last 15 years or so.
  16. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,128 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    Yes, it could be a smoke screen, sure. Doesn't change what kind of man he is.

Drunken womanizer with a massive ego who's been nothing but a constant embarrassment to his this franchise, city, and probably most of his family.

And no, he couldn't buy me 40 times.
  17. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    So, you're saying that your net worth is greater than $50 million?
  18. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,330 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Yeah, I can't believe Jerry said that
  19. Shiloht88

Shiloht88 Benched

64 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can and that is what is sad.
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,458 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Well then we can go 8-8 again and pick in the middle of the pack cause as long as they continue to go crappy on the o-line there is no shot that this team contends for anything no matter how brilliantly Romo, Dez, Murray, and Witten play.