1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Jones: We’ve won three Super Bowls with me as GM, and I’m going to do it again

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by ManicDepressiveMan, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    On a 2010 episode of 60 Minutes, Jerry Jones said that if former New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner owned the Dallas Cowboys, he would have probably fired Jones as general manager.

During an interview that aired before Sunday’s game on NBC, Bob Costas asked Jones if Jones the owner would have dismissed Jones the general manager by now with the 123-124 regular season record the Cowboys have had since 1997.

Jones’ response: “I think so.”

Jones tried to explain his statement after Sunday’s game.

“What I really meant was, one of the things you do is if you’ve got a GM in this particular case that owns the team, you go in and work on the mirror,” Jones said. “And I don’t know if that came out on the interview but we talked about it quite a bit.”

When further questioned on the topic, Jones referred to when he purchased the franchise in 1989.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...th-me-as-gm-and-im-going-to-do-it-again.html/
  2. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

425 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    so Jimmy is coming back ?
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,125 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received
    No, Jerry. You won three Super Bowls because Jimmy had your nuts in a bench vice for five years.

Must have cut off the blood circulation.
  4. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Keep em coming Jerry...it's the stuff like this that makes my Mondays better after a loss
  5. Merlin

Merlin Member

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And there lies the reason that it will almost be impossible for Da Boys to return to any kind of glory. He still thinks he can do it again but he fails to remember that Jimmy Johnson built those teams and coached them, not him. Switzer won the last Superbowl but that was Jimmy's team and they never won again despite the talent.
  6. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,265 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Why does that make your Monday better?

It's a sign of no change.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Sorry, Jerry but you will never see another SB trophy at Valley Ranch and from us loyal fans who have been through the good and bad......thanks....idiot.

16 years and counting :bang2:
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Because I've just accepted that he will be here and will be the GM til the day he's no longer physically capable of it. Things will never change but at least we can laugh at the situation and Jerry specifically because he's a walking joke.
  9. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The guy is either incapable of seeing that he is the problem or he doesn't care.

What difference does it make when we keep coming back for more of the same crap year after miserable year like cretins, making him millions in the process?

It always makes me roll my eyes when I hear this football moron described as the best owner in sports and "he wants to win more than anyone", yet he won't fire the one common denominator in 16 years of futility.

More like he wants to win and get all the credit for winning or he's fine losing.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,447 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Pretty much why I don't bother getting all upset about Jerry. It's pointless. He's going to be here and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
  11. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,965 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    GM by title only. And you KNOW this.

You ain't foolin nobody, jed. Someone leaves.....someone stays. And we have this. For a very long time, we have this.

One doesn't need a calculator just maybe a lie detector.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,708 Messages
    5,241 Likes Received
    Please hand me over your fan card.

Go Cowboys!!
  13. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is so delusional. He has wasted the prime years of the franchise QB he lucked into after trying failed baseball prospects and a drug user. He doesn't know how to build a football team, spending only 1 first rounder on a offensive lineman and not spending higher than a third rounder on a dlineman since 2006. He knows nothing about chemistry, team structure, or what quality coaching looks like. He is clueless, and this team is held hostage until he dies. That is a sad reality.
  14. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,238 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Dallas is done with Al Davis...opps...meant Jerry Jones running the asylum.
  15. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is worse than Mr. Davis. Mr. Davis forgot more about professional football than Mr. Jones could hope to learn in 10 lifetimes.
  16. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,938 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    ***... Little Al you are just terrible.
  17. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,554 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    Cognitive dissonance.
  18. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have believed for a long time now that we will never win another SB with Jerry at the helm.
  19. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,383 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    It's stuff like this that makes me wonder sometimes what it would be like to be a Packers fan. :(
  20. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Active Member

823 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    A part of me wishes he never sees another Lombardy trophy, seeing how for years he has screwed over the fans.