1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Jones: 'You don't rebuild with Tony Romo'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by morasp, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,567 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Rebuild, load, scheme, gameplans, staffs, special sauces...............meh, it's all the same.

Right jerry?
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,098 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Lol I don't even know what that means
  3. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,392 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Hey Nav22, where'd you go buddy ol pal.:D
  4. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    But he said, Jason Garrett will not get fired if he doesn't make the playoffs....
  5. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Really, because when Wade was coach they made the playoffs twice with ease..
  6. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,567 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Apologies my man. Quoted the wrong post.
    tm1119 likes this.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,226 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Except that they were forced into the moves they made by prior years of terrible decisions. Create a crisis, start fixing the self-made crisis and watch the accolades roll in from the Zone. Hey, at least they stopped digging. For now!
  8. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,727 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    Instead of blabbering, how about you tell us all why we went through that? Maybe because Jones kept trying to build around a declining Aikman instead of going after a top QB with 2 first instead of going after the receiver Galloway. Maybe because Jones thinks he can win with any QB, so he never even tried to draft a first round QB.

And furthermore, people actually thinks this offense is good. That's laughable. Go back and watch the games from the entire season, and you'll clearly see that the DEFENSE was the one that actually gave the offense a ton of chances early in the year with all of their turnovers caused. Only 2 or 3 games did this offense click under Romo. And once again, Jones is doing the same things he did with Aikman. Keeping a inefficient Romo and adding parts. It hasn't worked, it won't work.
    The Natural and Air Force One like this.
  9. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,598 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    Jerry's already got that planned out, so we won't be seeing a bunch of Quincy Carters, just a lot of Brandon Weeden. :)
    Air Force One likes this.
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Jerry is 70 years old.....EVERY year is a "win now" year
  11. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    Lmao... I firmly believe JG has some incriminating tape on Jerry. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. :)
  12. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

2,434 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    Your explaining it does not stop it from happening. I said it would happen and not why. It will happen.
  13. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,613 Messages
    1,176 Likes Received
    What?! Wait...I gotta catch my breath.

Do you EVER read Percy's posts showing that no team in the history of football could've won with the statistical rankings the defense posted last season. Instead of blabbering about how bad the offense was, why don't you tell all of us how a first round QB would've overcome the worst defense in the league and questionable coaching decisions to become the team's saviour.
  14. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,505 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    So the "window" is still open?

[IMG]
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    But we don't have an average defense, we have a defense that could not stop Div 3 Western Omaha.
  16. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,616 Messages
    131 Likes Received
  17. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Maybe on a good day we could have stopped that Omaha team. Maybe.:p
  18. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Swinging through the NFC west this season will be a rude awakening for this juggernaut offense.
    Alexander likes this.
  19. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,250 Messages
    5,503 Likes Received
    I would take his successor now as in this draft if the opportunity presented itself as I feel pretty confident in predicting he will be pretty much done in two full seasons.

But I think the signing of Weeden and Garrett's proclamation that he is our "developmental" QB pretty much makes the chance of that happening as next to zero.
  20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,250 Messages
    5,503 Likes Received
    It is one reason why I would continue to finish what we started last year with the interior of the OL. No harm can come from finally just finishing that project instead of leaving it only partially complete.