1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry LOVES his skill players

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Mar 22, 2012.

1. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

739 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I am fully expecting Jerry to draft a wide receiver high in this draft. He wants another explosive weapon. Stephen even made a comment about them even upgrading the position, even with the loss of Laurent Robinson during his conference call.

Hopefully its Joe Adams. He fills receiver need and return. I hope nothing before, even though I am sure the team will love Kendall Wright.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think we're going to have to get another WR in the draft unless there is someone in FA they really like. I still think we could get a guy in FA, and other guys will be cut as the year progresses. But if we don't get any WR before the Draft, it will force our hand a bit.

Same for TE. After Davis decided to go back to Chicago, we're going to look for another TE as well.
  3. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,453 Messages
    1,581 Likes Received
    I think we're are a critical moment in our receiver corp where a veteran 3rd receiver and a drafted receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round would flesh out the position for the future.

You don't want to have to rely on the rookie to make an impact this year, especially if Miles or Dez is hurt, but you have that rookie replace the veteran in a year or two. And by that time Dez should be a full fledged threat.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,212 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received

Im a big Kendall Wright fan. I was saying all year that he would be a 1st rounder. Im shocked at his 40 time though. He is one of the fastest guys I watched all year.

IMO Kendall Wright is the best WR in this draft.

If you want a value pick I think a guy like MArquis Maze would be a good player.

His height is the only thing holding him back but he is a solid receiver and a bigtime return threat. Just a football player.

[youtube]6RfVpIZlH6k[/youtube]
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,598 Messages
    4,627 Likes Received
    A lot of people were stunned that he did not run faster. As Mike Mayock said the other day the kid plays faster than his time would indicate.

I was very impressed with him at Baylor with his quickness and his brust of speed. Like others I was stunned it did not show in his 40 time
  6. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,369 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I just think it is funny that jordan shipley ran an identical 40 and everybody was all 'slow white WR no thanks'

idk what everybody was watching but wright looks exactly as fast as he ran, his short area quickness, burst out of his cuts, and route running is how he created separation. when he gets behind a defense he is fast enough to not get caught but he has never been a guy that out runs people, even in his highlights you can see that he cuts on a dime to make defenders miss
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,234 Messages
    736 Likes Received
    I'm all for a wr in the 2nd if the right guy falls. If Randle, Sanu, Jeffrey, or Hill are there I wouldn't have any problems if we pulled the trigger.
  8. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,434 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Fleenor from Stanford would be the pick. He won't make it to #45, but I would bet if they were willing to trade back into the 1st last year for Ingram then don't be shocked if they do it this year for Fleenor.

I think they see Witten 2.0, but a tad faster.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,950 Messages
    1,638 Likes Received
    Round 2 or 3 will be a skill guy, Somebody they have high on their board will drop.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

24,139 Messages
    2,742 Likes Received
    At 6'6", Fleenor is an outright blazer.
    The guy is faster than Wright...much faster.:eek: That is freaky.
  11. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm totally on board with Coby Fleener as well. A stud second TE, would create a lot of problems for a D. He's athletic enough to split out wide in 3 receiver sets as well.
  12. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,601 Messages
    953 Likes Received

what about K. Wright at 14? how would you feel?
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,605 Messages
    2,986 Likes Received
    Loves them so much he drafted a tackle and a linebacker 1-2 last year.
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,330 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Not sure if serious.