1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry needs to send a message

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 25, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,198 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    If Jerry wants a moment to change his perception in fans minds or even in nfl circles i think he needs to get rid of Ratliff. What kind of message does it send to his team if he says enough is enough. If he doesnt then that speech meant nothing but sugar coating.

Ratliff is a disgrace, and it just shows the guy is selfish and plain stupid.

Steelers wasted no time in kicking one of their players to the curb for getting arrested. I like that zero tolerance type setting.

If Jerry wanted one moment to take control of the situation and change the whole perception that Dallas is soft this is how you do it. Take the cap hit, show this team that bull will not be tolerated. Cause at the end of the day a team that knows they're being held accountable for their actions will now think twice knowing they would be cut.

I know it probably wont happen and thats why im more than mad at this situation. Disgusted, in Ratliff. Now just have to wait and see til next month when the new yr starts to see if he is cut.
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Messages don't work especially when it involves a star player. How many times has Goodell suspended a player for getting in trouble? How has that worked. Just like in our society, people get in trouble for the same things over and over.

Enough with the Steelers. What did they do when Big Ben got in trouble multiple times? What about Ward and his DUI? It's easy to cut your third string RB.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,198 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Ben was the point they broke. After that then sent the msg and every player that has cause a stir since has been released. And it will happen again this yr with Mike Wallace.
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Wallace is a FA and everyone knows the Steelers don't pay big money, him being gone has nothing to do with his criminal history. Gurantee if Big Ben or Troy P. got a DUI, they would not be cut.

I guess the 49ers should have cut Aldon Smith when he got arrested last year or the Seahawks cut Lynch when he got a DUI. No NFL franchise cuts it's star players when they get in trouble. Not saying it's right, but it just doesn't happen.
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,094 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Well said.

:bow:

Very much agree!
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,461 Likes Received
    so lets say he cuts ratliff today but still keeps up his meddling ways, ignores the trenches, and continues the circus atmosphere throughout the offseason. what exactly has he done?
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,234 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    The Steelers do not out-right cut players like you suggested. That is false.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,920 Messages
    1,194 Likes Received
    at least one right thing

so in other words as far as you are concerned if he does not do everything on your list he should do nothing
  9. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,063 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    fans dont want rat gone bc he is still overrated by MANY here. We need depth and help at DL and OL and thats why people still want him here.

Next year it will be another excuse after 5 weeks of mediocre play and then an injury.

The dude is a bum. He has done nothing in years. Im with you, send the message and just cut the guy already. Just bc he is OUR best DT on the roster doesnt mean hes good.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,461 Likes Received
    i think there are more pressing issues. cutting ratliff only hurts this team from being competitive next year. right now he's filling a starters role. cut him, we save a measly 1M and then have to use some of our scarce cap resources to find a replacement for him. this would be a stupid thing to do when we already have holes all over this roster.
  11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,094 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    It's not simply dollars and cents. Sometimes it's sense.

Short of starting a fire at Jerry's home, there's not much more wrong this guy can do at this point.

If you keep him around, you can that 'right kind of guy' talk and stick it because it would just be a lot of hollow talk.
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    If Jerry wants to send a message to his players about drinking ....... he should stop drinking and making a fool of himself.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,717 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    Great point, stash.

However, it's the head coach that talks of RKGs and it's the owner that will make the decision to keep or release Ratliff. Don't assume if he stays that that's what the head coach wants.
  14. Risen Star

19,717 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    I know there was a report recently that representatives of MADD are going to come in and talk to the players about the dangers of drunk driving.

Sad that it would be needed, but hey.
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,461 Likes Received
    well i guess that's where we differ b/c ive never bought into that RKG crap. this team has been mostly choir boys for many years, what has that led us to? a discplined team? no. a smart team? no. a team that plays with emotion? no. if we lose the RKG label, so be it. i just want to win.
  16. Risen Star

19,717 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    I've never much liked it either. Seems like a hollow title you can slap on a guy to justify a personnel decision. It's nothing you can see, but trust me....this is the right kind of guy.

My right kind of guy plays well on the field.
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,198 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Only circus being portrayed is by fans. alot of media and nfl people like what he's doing.
  18. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,198 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Lets be honest. Jason Garrett isnt good enough experienced enough to make these kinds of calls. Thats why teams have a GM.

Granted i wouldnt cry if Garrett came out and blasted him, but fans calling out garrett saying he doesnt know how to game manage a team but then want him to have final say over cutting a player is bogus.
  19. Risen Star

19,717 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    There are a couple of things wrong with your response.

1, I've never said Garrett doesn't know how to manage a game.

2, if my choice is Garrett or a complete buffoon like Jerry Jones making this call, I'll take the inexperienced Garrett.

Jimmy would have made this call. Parcells would have made this call. The only time the Cowboys have ever improved under Jerry's ownership is when the head coach has the power to make this call.
  20. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,700 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Do not turn this into a bash Jerry ,Jason ain't the boss thread.