1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry needs to send a message

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 25, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Just cause i quote you doesnt mean im talking specifically about you. But alot of people share this view.

Parcells didnt have as much power as many think. Broaddus and Eatman talk about this in their show from time to time.
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Lol exactly. It goes from hoping Jerry makes the best decision for the team, to Jason is a puppet quickly
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,721 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    The one good thing about releasing Ratliff is it would pretty much force the Cowboys to make a move for a top DT. Whether FA or the draft.

That is desperately needed with or without Ratliff.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Bottom line is this is a business. Ratliff is an asset. Ratliff's offense, disappointing as it is, is not a despicable act warranting admonition and termination of employment.

It would be a bad business decision to release him without giving him an opportunity to redeem himself. Let him go to camp and fight for a job; until someone better comes along the Cowboys need Jay Ratliff to produce.
  5. Risen Star

19,721 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    Whether people like it or not, it comes down to production. Jimmy has said he was consistent in being inconsistent. If a 3rd string QB falls asleep in a meeting, he's gone. If it's Troy Aikman, you wake him up and tell him to pay attention.

Ratliff has not been productive for 3 years. I don't think he qualifies any longer as a guy who should get special treatment for his play on the field.
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    When you have a fresh incident just a couple months away it is a despicable act. And can be viewed as detrimental to the team. This just shows that Ratliff isnt putting the team first. Plain and simple.

I guess ill just have to wait until the start of the new football yr to see if he will be cut. I have a feeling he will be. And ill be happy. Its funny how keeping Ratliff is viewed as a positive because theres nobody better at the moment, while its been documented by teammates the guy is a hothead. But a player who was viewed by his teammates as a good teammate was run out of Dallas in Owens. Same kind of situation. Dallas had nobody better. But it was the right choice. As in in this case, they might not have anybody better at the moment, but it would be the best choice to get him out of Dallas. A Cancer is a Cancer
  7. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,700 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    In case you missed it the first time.

Do not turn this into a bash Jerry ,Jason ain't the boss thread.

Stay on thread ... There are plenty of bash JG, bash JJ threads out there. I'm not going to delete everything before but no more.
  8. Zimmy Lives

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    It is sad that ANYONE could not have the reasoning ability to determine right from wrong actions. Athletes as entertainers, however, are under intense scrutiny and are judged more severely than the average citizen. Its the nature of their celebrity status.
  9. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,608 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Regardless of propriety, it would seem that we need to look beyond our two tackles due to age wear and availability considerations (incarceration), for the '13 season. Literally, a big hole to fill.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Me personally i think Hatcher can replace Ratliff easily. I do think Dallas needs another tackle anyways. Sylvester Williams in round 2 would do it for me.
  11. Risen Star

19,721 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    I don't know what they plan to do with Crawford but if he's going to play inside I would expect more from both Hatcher and Crawford at DT than I would Ratliff next season.

The guy has just broken down physically.
  12. justbob

6,700 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Do you go with cutting Rat now or keep him another year and hope he stays healthy and sober.
  13. Zimmy Lives

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    I agree. Let him go to camp and if he underperforms then cut his ace; salary cap hit be danged. :) Don't use the DUI thing and make him a martyr.
  14. justbob

6,700 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Answered my question before I asked it RS....So do use this incident as a place to make a point to the team
  15. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Yup, people who say Dallas is weak there arent looking at the roster much. Sure there are no probowlers. But you dont need probowlers in this type of defense that rotates players. Hatcher/Crawford/Lissemore is a start. If you look at the Bears DL its a group of virtual JAGs that get the most out of the system. Melton/Pea/Okoye/Collins. Not the house hold names. IMO Dallas needs a DE more than a DT
  16. Zimmy Lives

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Yes, it was a despicable act but that does not make him a despicable person. Personally, I think the guy is a turd but cutting him now would make him out to be a victim. Let him go to camp and lose his job -- hopefully to some stud rookie the Cowboys draft in the 1st round -- then cut his ace.
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Then there is a little incident where he threatened to whoop a 70 yr olds butt. Remember that? The guy is despicable any way you want to look at it.
  18. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,316 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    How can you send a message when you are the example.
  19. Zimmy Lives

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Maybe but I'm leaning towards mental illness. I think he needs medical help.
  20. Risen Star

19,721 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    I would cut him. But I would have cut him right after he had his incident with Jerry in the locker room. I wanted to make that point then. As much as I hate Jerry, he's the owner and GM of this team. You show him respect in his own locker room.

I doubt the Cowboys will cut him. I just hope we have a good plan B in place should he miss a lot of time injured again.

Crawford's the wild card. I like him. But where does Kiffin play him? If it's at DT, we're in a little better shape to handle not having Ratliff next year.