1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry needs to send a message

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,443 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Exactly. If a message needs to be sent, I'd prefer it to come from the head coach.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,040 Messages
    7,519 Likes Received
    I don't know if Ratliff would be receptive to it, but if Kiffin intends to play Crawford at DT, I would start him with Hatcher and use Ratliff as a pass rusher in the nickel. Lighten his load and let him do what he does best. Keep him away from all the wear and tear of playing the run.

Now I wouldn't want to be the one who went up to Jay with this plan though. I'd have to have Danny Coale with me in case things got out of hand.
  3. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,723 Messages
    1,359 Likes Received
    It's easy to cut a rookie running back drafted in the 5th round. He has a low round rookie contract and running backs not named Adrian Peterson are the easiest players to replace.

As long as you are comparing us to the Steelers, what about Ben Roethlisberger? What he was accused of was a lot worse yet they stuck by him.

In business, successful people do not make decisions based on emotions. Jimmy would cut a Chris Rainey type of running back too, but there was no way he would have cut Troy, Emmitt, Michael, Leon Lett, Erik Williams, etc.

/reality
  4. Risen Star

21,040 Messages
    7,519 Likes Received
    Jimmy's come out and said that many times. He wasn't about to treat Emmitt Smith like he was Derrick Lassic. He'd be a fool to do so.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,381 Messages
    4,583 Likes Received
    :bow:

I think most people would agree with this. I think the disagreement is coming from what is ratliff's worth? me personally, i think he's still a valuable piece. i might be singing a different tune if we had 30-40M in cap space.
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,468 Messages
    591 Likes Received

Jerry needs to send a message.
    Then he needs to CC himself on message.

Message reads, "Let me get out the way of ALL operations and just look forward to hoisting a Lombardi Trophy 2 maybe 3 more times in his lifetime"

He is a meddler and he cost us. A chance at 3 more for sure.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,918 Messages
    2,863 Likes Received
    What a coincidence that the people who've hated Ratliff for years now think a message should be sent in this particular case.
  8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,540 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    He's sure given them enough ammo at this point.
  9. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,438 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    :laugh1:

It's a lot worse than that..Josh Brent.....Jay Ratliff....Eric Williams....DWayne Goodrich.

:confused:
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,038 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    I said at the time of the occurance he should be cut... This will let the young players know the organization isn't allowing the inmates to run free.
  11. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,795 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Sounds like it would be a post June decision from what I've read. In one sense, this extended period of time off of his feet might help heal the seemingly chronic plantar fasciitis that he has been suffering from. If he looks to be healthy in camp, another year seems warranted. I doubt that he will fall off the wagon or deviate fromwhatever measured response he has adopted for this transgression.
  12. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,795 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Agreed, but I think that they will give him a chance to prove himself in camp. Not that that will be any guarantee of full season results.
  13. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,292 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    So every team should cut every player that is alleged to have committed a misdemeanor?
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,540 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    Where was that said?

:confused:
  15. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We need to get that Melton kid from the Beats. He would be a HUGE UPGRADE, but if the Bears are smart theyd franchise him if there is a chance he could leave.

After Melton, Ratliff is our best option because free agency is very, very thin for top-flight DTs.
  16. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,913 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    :bow:
  17. Risen Star

21,040 Messages
    7,519 Likes Received
    But the draft is rich with interior DL. We may get one there.
  18. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,625 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    These tampa 2 defenses seem to be able to rotate in adequate DTs but rely on the DEs more than the DTs. Chicagos def is a prime example. Peppers and Wooten are very good and compliment eachother very well. Melton and Pea are average but are good guys for this scheme.

The secondary is more important in this scheme by far. The CBs play outside which funnels everything inside. So Dallas needs a Safety for sure.

This defense creates its pressure with oppurtune Blitzing by the Lbers and Safety on blitzing CB.

DT isnt a huge concern. And like you said this draft is Deep in DT
  19. Risen Star

21,040 Messages
    7,519 Likes Received
    Yeah, well...let's just say I completely disagree with that. There is no defensive scheme where the secondary is more important.

That mindset needs to change or you'll never be a quality defense.
  20. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,285 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Different set of rules apply to different players. Remember the asthma field cut? Had that been Troy, Micheal, or Emmit...never would have happened. Ratliff is a good player.