1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry needs to send a message

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,885 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    Fixed it for ya.
  2. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    What a joke, its a misdemeanor charge. Let the league handle the punishment.
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,227 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    If Jerry wants a moment that will take charge of the team then he can make that moment happen any time he is ready.

Fire the GM and stop the insanity of this management paradigm that allows players to circumvent the head coach and go directly to the owner.

The team you are speaking about has never been held accountable as long as Jerry has been the GM.

But this isn't just Jerry. While some disagree, Garrett could have sat Dez down for a game for his behavior with his mother. People rushed to the defense of Dez, so pretty much the fanbase makes noise like they want a tough coach to hold feet to the fire, but they don't really.

Garrett did nothing to his star receiver, and Jerry hasn't done anything since cutting Quincy loose for smoking pot.

Taught by the culture of this team is an inbred dynamic that allows the prima dona attitude and non-accountability we see.

It will not change until Jones decides winning is more important than his football guy reputation.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,543 Messages
    8,488 Likes Received
    Are you sure Garrett has the power to sit Dez for a game?
  5. TwoDeep3

6,227 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    Point taken.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,543 Messages
    8,488 Likes Received
    I know Jerry has talked about being involved in personnel meetings during the week. I don't think it's a stretch to think the head coach has to clear it with the owner before he does something like sit Dez Bryant. I'd be shocked if he could do that on his own.
  7. TwoDeep3

6,227 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    And what does that say about a franchise that the head coach doesn't have autonomy to make discipline decisions?
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received

It says everything you need to know about the state of this Franchise and why they have underachieved for 16 straight seasons in a row.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,420 Messages
    4,965 Likes Received
    It says that nobody knows the truth about what goes on around Valley Ranch.

There is just as much or more tangible evidence that Garrett has power as there is evidence that he doesn't.

Garrett has gone on and on about Right-Kind-of-Guys. The 2 drafts since Garrett became Head Coach are tangible evidence that the Cowboys have put much more emphasis on RKGs. Almost too much if you look at picks like McSurdy.

I'm not saying that Garrett does or does not have autonomy in discipline decisions; however, I am saying that there is no tangible proof either way. It's all speculation regardless of who it comes from.
  10. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received

:lmao2:...really! REALLY!!! :lmao2: okay okay ok ..wait wait okay....he just got his play calling duties stripped from him...no tangible proof! no tang-ible proof!! :laugh2:........................:angry:!!
  11. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, but just what does having his play-calling duties stripped away have to do with autonomy on disciplinary decisions?

By the way, in the salary-cap era, no head coach, unless he is also the general manager, has complete autonomy on disciplinary decisions.
  12. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

649 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    This is absolutely ridiculous, first off let me say I think Ratliff should be gone, no ifs ands or buts. Second I can not believe how many people wanted us to coddle Josh Brent but now are calling for the head of Ratliff. Brent should be in jail and Ratliff should be fired and have to meet with a jury and should probably also have some jail time. Neither deserves to play in the NFL.
  13. BoyzfanfromPGH

BoyzfanfromPGH New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sure they did have you ever heard of the rookie that was involved in a police chased that ended in several cars being damaged and him being arrested. Still on team?
  14. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    And how do u know that Garrett didn't go in to Jerry's office and ask for this to be done???......oh wait u dont know
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,722 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    Ratliff overrated you say?

I beg to differ... he has averaged 1.8 sacks per season over the past three seasons.

The Cowboys would be absolutely insane not to do everything humanly possible to retain him for 2013 -- at a bargain basement price of $2.5m per sack.

:eek::
  16. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Won't change my mind about him. I think it's pretty clear about how I feel about the old fart.
  17. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm with the group that thinks Ratliff should be gone. I don't care if it affects the salary cap, nor do I care if it weakens the team defensively, what I do care about is the image of the team so many of us root for and how it just doesn't seem to change, no matter what happens with a player if he can help the team win. There are other teams in the NFL that would not make the move. I get that. But this team, after 16 years of doing it a certain way, needs to change the way it does business. Jettisoning Ratliff would be a start to that end.
  18. ladiewolve

ladiewolve Member

698 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :bow: :hammer: :clap2: :signmast:
  19. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,064 Messages
    776 Likes Received

Giants have 4 SB.

I HATE IT.. But they do!

:)
  20. ladiewolve

ladiewolve Member

698 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    yeah, I have been looking for another sig lol.