1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry, on the fan this morning, missed first few minutes

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,647 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    I must have missed that time. Those yokels have been running their mouths for years.
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  2. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    The Giants do not respect the Cowboys. All you have to do is listen to JPP, Tuck and Jacobs. I bet they laugh at the Cowboys in their locker room.

Maybe if the Cowboys lay a beating to them on Sunday, they would earn some respect. But until then, they're laughing at us.
    Zordon likes this.
  3. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,817 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Perhaps some people did not like my wording when I suggested teams "concede" games. But I never thought we would beat the Saints...and the game we really needed was the Giants game. Reading that Miles could have played confirms my suspicions. Some might call it "milking" injuries...but I suspect the team calls it smart "roster management". In hindishgt, Ware should not have played either. I suspect he felt like he wanted to knock the rust off before the bye. Hopefully his setback was not to severe.

With all of these players that are returning from strains/pulls...you CANNOT play them their full load of plays. You hope to manage them throughout a game so that there are on the field for critical moments in the 4th quarter. This is yet ANOTHER area Garrett needs to improve in.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,236 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received

agreed

i remember that, after winning the SB, old gap tooth said that the cowboys were the most physical team the giants had played all year

like parcells said "in 3 years you wont even know i was there"

wade/garrett and jerry have ruined this team in the last 5 years
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,229 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received

I honestly think I wouldn't even watch the games anymore if it weren't for this forum and having something to chat about on here.

The coaches try to say that every year it's a new team so they won't take questions about the last year and all this other stuff. To me it feels no different at all and hasn't for awhile.

Maybe we can get hot at the right time and go on a terror but I seriously doubt it. We're running to many zone schemes on defense and letting defenses dictate our every move on offense to the point that we just have no chance in a lot of these matchups with equal or better opponents.

Plus our GM is still claiming that he gives us some kind of advantage.
    CowboyFan4Eva likes this.
  6. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,940 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Dr Jerry also said Ware was ready to come back vs NO and it was clear that he wasn't.
  7. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,452 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    I tried to find this interview the other day, but no luck. Anyone know where to find it?
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,647 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    Well, we're obviously running the zone defenses because we've had multiple injuries in the secondary and we had an insufficient number of press CBs to match up directly with the Saints. But, overall, I'd agree that unless we can get sufficient pressure on the QB, or Romo just plays out of his head, we're not going to be able to beat a team with a good passing game.
  9. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,468 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    It wasn't an interview, it was something JJT quoted Parcells as saying as he left the facility, iirc.
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,236 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received

i think so
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,775 Messages
    525 Likes Received
    I would put money on that they would be unhappy if we somehow blew the giants out.
  12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,034 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    could have just left it at ... "will be unhappy".
    happiness eludes some regardless of circumstance.
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    They didn't respect us then either.

The Maras do not like Jerry, it trickles down from there.

They ran their mouths in 06 before each game just as much as they did in 07.
    5Stars likes this.
  14. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,311 Messages
    1,203 Likes Received
    As my brother in law says "you plant potatoes, you get potatoes"...Mara is a classless buffoon who hates the Cowboys...I have no doubt his insanity has infiltrated his team of witless idiots
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,008 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    I just have to laugh when Jerry said that he will be glad to have Austin back for the last six games!

Unless some surgeon injected some Super Glue into his hammys I would just hope that Austin can last 6 QTR's in the next few games!
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  16. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,591 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    Ha. It'll be interesting to see how long he lasts. I would not bet on the 6 games. He sure has injury issues.
  17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    Dude, the last time we swept the Giants was in 2007...................its been 6 seasons since then................not sure where you are getting that we have dominated them lately?
  18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    So Jerry thinks the Giants respect us....................HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I guess Beason didnt get the memo.
  19. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I wonder if Eli's autograph is still in the visiting locker room or if Jerry framed it and put it with the rest of the art work at the coddle dome.
  20. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Did beason say something already? He has been a giant for five minutes and o don't think he ever beat Dallas while in Carolina.
    So that's pretty funny if he did.