1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry Said He Expects Some Level Of Success

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,149 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    The last coach won a playoff game and 2 division titles with these losers, so what is the next excuse for Garrett?
  2. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,026 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    You're "special" if you think simply getting a new coach somehow fixes this mess

The last coach also went 1-7 and got fired when his team quit that 1-7 bad team is what Garrett has been stuck with and is trying to improve on but unless you get rid of the hangovers from that team you're going to get more of the same. All they have to do is stop trying and the coach takes the blame again and they get another year of being told how talented they are

Getting a new coach = more of the same. They'll just quit again when things dont go their way because they're weak and the cowboys reward weakness with contract extentions while the coaches take the blame. How many coaches and positional coaches have we thrown under the buss just in the past few years so that we could live another week with the illusion that we're a good team?

Garrett isn't holding this team back it's the lack of talent on the lines, the declining play of our QB and a bunch of "talented" players that in reality are nothing more then average on their good days
  3. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    You do understand that he sucks as a HC right? why would you keep a HC who is in WAY over his head?
  4. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    I'd be with you if it weren't for the fact that Garrett has been with the Cowboys since 2007. He's been the Head Coach/Assistant Head Coach from day one, with full autonomy to run his offense as he sees fit.

Basically what I am saying is these are Garrett's players that he's failing with so your argument is invalid.
  5. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

866 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Right on....Someone who gets it...

It must stick in Jerry's craw that his ex head coach and Allen Ball are making him look more & more like Al Davis. The Houston Texans now play like the Cowboys of the 90's and the boys play like the Dallas Raiders. We should probably mossy on down to Houston and rename them the Dallas Texans so that Texas has a real football team again. Jerry "Al Davis" Jones has finally succeeded in transforming this franchise into the new "North Dallas 40". Such a shame but who didn't see this trainwreck coming. Bad coaching and entitled players only equals one thing... a hot texas steaming pile of ******... You fill in the blank.
  6. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Tell Jerry we as fans also expect a competent GM!!
  7. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Dallas isn't getting a coach like Payton. He'll have his choice of jobs. He isn't taking the one where an old fool is looking over his shoulder.

You guys who think Garrett is the real problem are delusional.
  8. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,371 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    I'm obligated to mention in any thread with Payton or Holmgren ....

90 years of NFL football, 1 coach who has won championships with two different teams.
  9. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

Yet I would estimate 90%+ of Cowboys Zone posters want to keep core of the team intact. Doesn't make sense, does it?
  10. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    The goal right now should be for the Cowboys to consistently put a professional product on the field, something they haven't been able to do for years now.

We're light years away from championship football. Light years.
  11. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    People say this but it's not really true. We've hired puppets many times not really NFL head coaches, get Payton in here asap and it will start to change things around.
  12. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

866 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Lots of HOMERS on this board. Only one thing will work now...Blow up the team; get rid of all bloated contracts and everyone on the "old" side of 30. All new coaches who can start over and evaluate talent..." None of this bunch can...that's for sure". The last key to success is for Jerry to retire to Belize and take his family with him... New GM with some football smarts would go a long way to begin again... It will take 3 years and probably 4 drafts to get a team that might be able to compete with the big boys....
  13. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    This is by no means a ringing endorsement for JJ, but the grocery bag the last two years has been stocked enough for this team to make the playoffs. Trouble is, we have an idiot for a cook.
  14. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Could not agree more.
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,026 Messages
    451 Likes Received

The same Payton we ran out of town cause he sucked and had terrible results here?
  16. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,851 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Of course Jerry is pissed, we have a 2-3 record at home this year and have been trailing by double digits in FOUR of those games.

While leading, the offense has scored a TD only twice in the whole year, and both were on the first game of the season.

We lead the league in penalties. We are near the top in turnovers.

We ran a QB sneak on first and ten for crying out loud.

I think Garrett is the worst head coach in Cowboys history, period.
  17. birdwells1

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Well he left town, turned a perennial doormat into contenders, and won a superbowl. He'll come back into town a different person than the Sean Payton that Jerry knew before. It's called skins my friend and he has them.
  18. birdwells1

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Not really, name me a pro bowl player on the offensive or defensive lines? Better yet, name me a good player. Our skilled players are playoff ready but our trenches are weak. Good organizations imo should build their teams from the inside out not the other way around. The only problem with that is that #88, #28, and #24 jerseys sell better than #76 and #92 so don't think that this doesn't play in the back of JJ's mind come draft time.
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,954 Messages
    4,995 Likes Received
    Guys like Witten and Ware? Overall we are a young team.
  20. TtownCowboy

TtownCowboy Member

359 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wrong in my opinion. Many folks wanted Parcells gone because they felt his conservative mind set on offense was holding Payton back.

But an honest question to you or anybody who backs Garrett at this point. Do you really believe he's doing a good job?

I don't. He seems to be in over his head with the HC/Playcalling duties. I will admit that I like the way he has drafted the last couple of years, and anybody that says the draft and free agency are all Jerry is wrong. You can see each HC's handprint on drafts minus maybe Chan and Campo. But back to the question what does Garrett really do take up for him for as the HC/Playcaller? I can name countless in game decisions that even this novice can realize. So what am I or we missing?