1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry tells Dez to keep his guard up

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Mar 25, 2014.

1. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Really? I praise Dez for adhering to these stipulations. This goes to show that he really is a good person that has lacked direction and guidance for most of his life. I don't think that his willingness to accept guidance should be judged by anyone.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,095 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is pathetic. He needs to follow some rules.
  3. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I'm not convinced he needs all them rules but anyone with money and no real hobby during the off season can do some strange things. It woulda took me about 30 seconds to screw up when I was his age.
    BigStar likes this.
  4. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,425 Messages
    2,228 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant's troubled childhood is well documented. It was less than two years ago he was about to throttle his mother in yet another episode of the Bryant Bunch. Being overprotective seems sensible to me. It will be good for Dez too.
    nickjamesw43 likes this.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,094 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    A lot of people like to make it sound like Dez didn't agree to these "rules". He knows the things he needs to do to stay out of trouble. There's no doubt in my mind he had a say in this stuff, and agreed to it because he loves football more than he loves boozing and strip clubs.
    BigStar and Boyzmamacita like this.
  6. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    And some geniuses want Kenny Britt and Desean Jackson aoround Dez. Unbelievable
  7. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,613 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    It takes a REAL MAN to know when he needs help. In time maturity will finally settle in and he can move on.. Kudos...
    WV Cowboy, BigStar and perrykemp like this.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,110 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
    Why is he going to counseling twice a week?

It cant be for alcohol because he cant drink. Cant be drug rehab because he has never failed a drug test. He is not married, so it cant be relationship counseling.

What type of counseling does a grown man go to twice a week if he doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, and is not married? Anger management maybe? I have never really noticed Dez being the angry, fly off the cuff, just goes berserk crazy with rage that would require counseling.
    khiladi likes this.
  9. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    This is the structure that Dez needs...

Young people WANT structure and he never had that. This is doing him some good and he is growing up before our eyes...
    WV Cowboy likes this.
  10. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,564 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Part of the issue isn't necessarily Dez being a knucklehead, he is also a target of knuckleheads.
    WV Cowboy and BigStar like this.
  11. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,564 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Anger management
  12. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,947 Messages
    1,732 Likes Received
    Well said Cowboyfan.
    CowboyFan74 likes this.
  13. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,477 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Lock the bathroom door, and bring a pillow next time to decide to cry.
    BigStar likes this.
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,110 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
    Seriously?

I didn't realize he was prone to fits of rage bad enough to need counseling.
  15. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,124 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Stipulation for the bruhaha with his mother last year.
    Beast_from_East likes this.
  16. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    you would think Dez were Hannibal Lecter with all that security detail.
  17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    however, what happens when Dez signs a huge deal. Will he want to play nice with the owner then? Once those rules are released I think Dez becomes a huge risk. Will a team leverage a portion of their cap on player who requires 'prison' type rules. They only way Dallas should consider an extension is if those rules remain in place.
    theSHOW likes this.
  18. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,806 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    Alot of young men with his upbringing don't know how to properly vent frustration outside of anger (I was one). I'm sure the counseling sessions dig into the roots of his anger stemming from his socio-economic variables he faced and the unstable/unreliable relationships that are common in those circumstances. It is also great to help him understand the different perspectives/intentions of all the people "entering and exiting" his life for a variety $ of reasons. Teach him how to worry about himself in a non selfish kind've way while allowing him to mature without negative influences. I respect Dez for not having that chip on his shoulder one could expect.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Beast_from_East likes this.
  19. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,493 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    If I had my way:

Jerry Jones must adhere the following guidelines:

• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance.
    • No alcohol.
    • He can't attend strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and has a security team with him.
    • No alcohol.
    • He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.
    • No alcohol.
    • A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Jones at all media sessions.
    • No alcohol.
    • Members of the security team will drive Jones past practices, take him to his booth at games and mute his mic at team functions.
    Alexander, khiladi, Manster54 and 2 others like this.
  20. Jstopper

Jstopper Well-Known Member

269 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Try not to rock too hard while you're on your horse, if you were to fall it would probably hurt. Seriously, Dez grew up in a troubled home, never had any structre, I cant tell you how many ppl i know from my childhood that are in jail, dead, living worthless lives because they were never structured to do better. Dez and his team are the ones who came up with these "guidelines" in the first place. He is maturing and i love it, too bad people like you are "holier than thou" and you dont need that same structure. Guess you're lucky.
    WV Cowboy and BigStar like this.