1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry: Things are going to get uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyChris, Jan 7, 2013.

1. ragman

ragman Active Member

224 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I don't think Ryan gets fired. Why not? Because of injuries. I think he did pretty good considering what he had to work with.
  2. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,847 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    how do you get the country club atomsphere out of Valley Ranch? How do you install or motivate with fear?

i cant see anyway you could do that with the current staff in place, if JJ really wants to make it uncomfortable, he needs to clean house all the way. He himself needs to close his door to the players, and then he would need to hire a total ******* for a coach.

JJ is just blowing hot air, none of the above is gonna happen
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    I'm not fan of Garrett having the dual role.

But I don't think Valley Ranch is anywhere near the "country club atmosphere" that it once was.
    If anything, these guys do bust their tail, put in after hours work, and never give up in games.
    I think they've been steadily weeding out some of the old guard--some not bad guys at all, but some were holdovers from the TO mutiny. And it seems if anyone does not seem all in or if they don't seem to always give it 100% ont he field or in training, they may be gone sooner than before. There's a real shot that Jenkins is one of those guys, for example.

I do think what you stated would certainly stir things up, but I actually am not sure it's needed if they just get an OC in here.

I'm not sure if Garrett is long term HC material, but I'm not quite sure he isne't either. One thing I do know is that he is not soft on the players. There does seem to now be some accountability.
  4. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I guess he wasn't kidding...