1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry wants Romo to work like Peyton.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by zack, Apr 28, 2013.

1. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,535 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    exactly
  2. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,263 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Then be a post man or a WalMart greeter. This is the NFL and ANY family involved with the NFL will tell you that they ultimately pay the price whether it's a coach player or intern. Your LIFE is football. Family is what comes when your career is over. Don't like it? Lick stamps for a living.
  3. RW Hitman

2,535 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    yep......
  4. skinsscalper

5,263 Messages
    242 Likes Received

Read the article and you'll realize you have "exactly" no clue of what you are talking about. No news here.
  5. RW Hitman

2,535 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    because you say?? I read the article and I think I will stick with my original reply.

EDIT:: I seen your reply to what I replied to, and I do understand where you are coming from. Just think comments like this from the owner should be done in an office with Romo himself, not with media at all.
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,310 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    This. Even if Jerry feels this way, why say it in public?
  7. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,402 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Better late than never
  8. skinsscalper

5,263 Messages
    242 Likes Received

I actually did. Try and keep up.
  9. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,714 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    ... first, it is going to leave a mark because this is now out in the media.

Second, I really don't like some of the things Jerry says. It ill timed, sometimes inappropriate and in this case really unprofessional because he includes jason Garrett in the comments. He really shouldn't be speaking for Garrett.

Last, some things are better left for the locker room or your office. YOur job is to build a team, not break it down. Focusing on one with your comments isn't really beneficial.

Really need this guy to step back from the mic.
  10. RW Hitman

2,535 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    actually I did right after writing that and edited my response.
  11. skinsscalper

5,263 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Won't argue with that one bit, bro. Not one bit.
  12. skicat1898

skicat1898 Member

275 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    More no huddle? Apparently most do not understand how no huddle is ran.... Plays are scripted, they practice it. The QB can change formations and cadence but the plays are scripted. The pace and the inability of the dsefense to make substitutions is what makes it work.

Oh, one other point. Romo is not Peyton Manning.
  13. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,269 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    depends on your perspective but i agree that this might turn out to be really good for us if it works the way it is supposed to

my only concern would be that by the time you get to where tony is in football and life, you are who you are

you have developed work habits based on work ethic and need and you work a certain way and a certain amount because you think that is what works for you

i have a very high pressure job but i enjoy what i do tremendously

but i know that if i dont get away from it at times i would likely be less productive even though i am spending more time on it

i also agree that the owner should not be making this public, let tony take the lead on it and say that this is what he wants to do

we'll see how it works out
  14. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,434 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    mo money, mo responsibility

loved that tweet about Jerry / Reese lol
  15. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,621 Messages
    1,069 Likes Received
    True. If they want Romo to have a lot more input and say in the playcalling, more time needs to be invested. The issue is the fact he said it publicly for the media and fans to run wild with.
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,933 Messages
    4,010 Likes Received
    If that's the case then get lost. We don't need that type of mentality in Dallas. Take that crap to Cleveland.
  17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    I think there is clearly a public perception that romo has been spending too much time involved in other activities and could be better spent on football. I have heard nothing about Romo not being hard working but it does not sound like he was going above and beyond. Looks like Jerry got that commitment in the contract recently signed.
  18. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,967 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Call on the Romo Stalkers!
  19. Frozen700

11,967 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Agreed bro
  20. Frozen700

11,967 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    The Romo and Jerry stalkers/haters...will spin this how they want it.

Don't waste your time