1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry wants Romo to work like Peyton.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by zack, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,238 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    I think what Jerry is saying is: were paying you like top Qb...now become one.
  2. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,936 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    then Give Romo an OLine like Peyton.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Don't give Jerry a pass for this. He created a story for no reason. Already hearing this all over the radio.

First Take Debate: "Is Tony Romo committed to Football?"

Stupid Jerry....:bang2:I'm not a big Romo fan but he didn't deserve this out in the open.
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,513 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    If we had a real GM, the players would have to put in "Peyton Manning-type time".
  5. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,220 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    We rarely agree, Z, but I'm in lock step with you on this one.
  6. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,803 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    :D

I hear you bro...and you are pretty much right
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,513 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    THIS is the type of stuff that hurts Jerrah as a GM (well... this and many other things).

Absolutely NOTHING Positive can come from him saying this to a "Journalist".

Nothing.

At.

All.
  8. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Then you are thin-skinned.

What the club is saying to Romo is, "We think you have an exceptional football mind that we wish we had better utilized it earlier. We want you to lead the way on offense, not merely for the players but for the front office, too. If you can spend more time with the coaching staff improving its output we think it will result in a championship for all of us. Of course, we will pay you well for it. Think about it."

Romo apparently did think about it and agreed. Are you saying you would not agree to such an arrangement, but be offended by such confidence shown in you?

:)
  9. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,035 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    I wish Jerry would just keep his mouth shut. The media can spin the way they want it. Since it is Dallas and Romo it is coming off negative. Romo already has so many challenges in place and the Owner GM makes more challenges.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Exactly. But this is who Jerry is. You can see the twinkle in his eye when he gathers with the media. He lives for his name and his team being in other people's mouths.

"500 coaches..." to "be like Peyton"

He has not changed, never will.
  11. Spectre

Spectre Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    That's because Peyton Manning has no life outside of football. Much respect to the guy for havig one focus/ability and doing it very well. I think Romo has the ability to have a life outside of football... so trying to turn him into Peyton Manning is/would be a disaster... to him, and to this team. You signed a quarterback who doesn't necessarily live & breathe football- for better or worse. That doesn't mean he can't succeed unless he does. It means build a team (and scheme) that emphasizes his strengths.
  12. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,194 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Don't make this about what Jerry said but more about what the Cowboys management and coaches think about Romo and his preparation.

IMO, JJ shouldn't have to say this about a player who he just gave a 108 million dollar contract.
  13. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,513 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    1. If he felt that way he SHOULDN'T Have given him 108 million.

2. Regardless of how he feels, he should NEVER bring it up to the media. EVER. Just plain stupidity on his part.
  14. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

667 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    +1

Jerry just can't keep his mouth shut. If he had issues with Romo maybe they should have been addressed prior to handing him tons of money, money I think Romo deserves btw.

Jerry is just a moth drawn to a flame when he sees a TV camera or microphone. It is just sad.
  15. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    1,097 Likes Received
    I am sure Peyton has a life outside of football. He has a wife & small kids.

The difference is Peyton grew up in a house with a NFL QB dad. He was raised around that his whole life.

I actually think mentally he's just on a different level than EVERY other QB in the NFL, even Eli.
  16. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,238 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    maybe Jerry felt the money was his only way of getting this "peyton" type commitment from Romo.
  17. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,194 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Again, you're addressing jj rather than the fact that this organization questions Romo's preparation, which to me, is the bigger issue.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

34,996 Messages
    2,563 Likes Received
    This.
  19. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,741 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Man its sad to see the state this board has come to...smh...i miss the golden years...
  20. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    I'm sure Romo has the same sentiments about Jerry as a GM.