1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry: "We’re the most popular TV show there is on television"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HoustonFrog, Apr 9, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,298 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    We weren't in a position to pay him big bucks but many here didn't want to sign him for big bucks because of his health and drop off in production. I'm more concerned about his cervical spine being a problem. They did the right thing EVEN though they didn't have a choice. It just so happened what they couldn't do is what they wanted to do anyway.

How hard is that for you to understand?
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,269 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received

over the last few years, jerry and stephen have made a living, telling everyone and their uncle that we have managed the cap very well and can do anything and are not limited by the cap

when one of them admits that they were limited in what they could do because of the cap, that is big news

how hard is that for you to understand?
  3. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,941 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    So, lemme see here, instead of being a contending team, we've now become reduced to being "the most popular show on TV?"
    Message to Jerry: bite your foolish tongue, old man!
    coult44 likes this.
  4. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,315 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have been very wise financially this offseason they haven't spent big dollars on free agents instead they've been shrewed by sign lower price players.

Either that or they're up against the cap an couldn't afford to sign anyone of ilk because of past financial mistakes.
    daveferr33 likes this.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,897 Messages
    3,363 Likes Received
    Those are not excuses. Especially in light of the fact I support each decison made.
  6. visionary

7,269 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received

would have been nice if you had quoted my whole post

it has nothing to do with whether we agree with the decisions or not

you were giving the impression that the FO made those changes/decisions willingly which to you implied indicated a change in direction/decision-making while the point of my post was that jerry himself has clearly said that the reason for the decisions was cap space
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,680 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    So if we are the most popular show on TV where are our Emmys?
    DandyDon1722 likes this.
  8. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    No surprise Jerry would say something like this.

For Jerry the Cowboys are all about branding, popularity and profits, not winning.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,897 Messages
    3,363 Likes Received
    I think they did make the change willingly and I'll say it (not imply it) and there is change in direction and decision making. The fact they did not restructure players (when they could have easily done so) is a radical change from prevous years. It's obvious the decision was made before free agency began that we are not doing business the same any more.
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,139 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received

[IMG]
  11. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,606 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Actually, Jerry is trying to stoke is own ego and redirecting what he considers "success". He obviously can't taught winning as his legacy, so as he strolls off into the sunset, he is trying to remake his past.
    Aurican, BoysFan4ever and birdwells1 like this.
  12. visionary

7,269 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    I'll take Jerry jones actual words over your speculation any day about stuff he would never want to admit

The fact that he admitted something the FO has steadfastly made fun of and denied in the past tells us it is true

Jerry has a history of verbal diarrhea and this is a good example of it