1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry: "We’re the most popular TV show there is on television"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HoustonFrog, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    When Will McClay speaks people listen.
    daveferr33 and jnday like this.
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,160 Messages
    1,491 Likes Received
    Sure it may be a legit question, but you have to know when you post a question about Jerry and if he is truly dedicated to winning on this site you have just opened the flood gates and yelled from the mountain tops that we have "Another Thread About Jerry - So Bash Away Boys!"

You've got enough posts here to know what will happen. You know the pack of Jerry Sux Jackals will be all over this thread like it s a freshly killed unguarded carcass no matter how many "Negativity Warnings" are given. The Jackal Choir will come together and sing praises to Jimmy while denouncing the sins of Jerry.

It'll be the normal narrative of how Jimmy was born in Bethlehem and when he got to Dallas he made the blind to see and the lame to walk. The football miracles of Jimmy the GM, HC and talent guru ended suddenly and solely because Pontius Pilate Jones came along when he realized that while he was getting Cowboys bumper stickers and t shirts made and doing the team laundry Jimmy was getting all the credit. Poor Jerry didnt even know how many practice fields the team had or who was on the roster. Jerry didnt even know the difference between a football and a basketball other than that the one is orange instead of brown.

C'mon bro, you knew this would happen. You knew it would be another "Jerry Sux" opportunity for the jackals.
    Heelsboy likes this.
  3. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,942 Messages
    1,462 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    coogrfan and Idgit like this.
  4. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,320 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are must see tv, highest rated games, most mechandise sales, most talked about team in all of sports. Heres the problem, it's been that way since the '70s, Jerry didn't make the Cowboys popular the Cowboys made Jerry popular. Everything I said in the 1st sentence the Cowboys were before Jerry, it's not like he bought the Jaguars and made them the most popular team he bought the most popular team and kept them in the same position.

The previous owner didn't have the mind to capitalize off of the brand the way the Jones clan has and for him personally he gets credit for that. Again, I say personally because Jones profitting off of the teams popularity has nothing to do with what we want as fans or I should say shouldn't have any thing to do with what we want. As a fan I couldn't care less about the teams popularity, i want a successful team that's a threat to go deep in the playoffs each year and I want management to want the same thing.

Jerry bought the most popular team in sports and as the NFL has grown so has the opportunity to capitalize off of the teams brand. If someone bought the Yankees or Lakers and soon after they were number 1 in tv rating and mechandising would you give the credit to the new owner? That's no different than what JJ did.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,320 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    You're not really mad at the messenger you're mad about the message. This is misdirected anger, the op didn't make the quote that basically said that JJ cares more about branding and popularity than winning playoff games the GM did.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,160 Messages
    1,491 Likes Received
    Who's mad?

What in the world gives you any idea that there is any anger?

[IMG]
  7. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,090 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    I was watching some program on nfl network and a reporter said that both the eagles and steelers sell more jerseys than the cowboys. Is this true?
  8. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,681 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Here is PA I couldn't get half of those games that year. Nowadays I only miss about 2 or 3 games a year.
  9. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

844 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Looks like you forgot your meds.
    birdwells1 likes this.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    True. He treats the team as if it was his personal toy. He gets to play fantasy football on a larger scale than everybody else.
    Frozen700 and BoysFan4ever like this.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,275 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received

i have to believe that some posters on here are either the jones family or part of the cowboys PR department

no one, rational is that blind or dumb
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,038 Messages
    2,446 Likes Received
    Nope. Unless he says something like he wants to play 4 home games a year in London, his words are wholly inconsequential to people that are actually paying attention.
  13. visionary

7,275 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received

if youre wondering you arent paying attention

MONEY>EGO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>winning
    jnday, BoysFan4ever and Carl23 like this.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,038 Messages
    2,446 Likes Received
    Come on, man. You posted this thread thinking it would stimulate an actual intelligent discussion from the usual suspects?
  15. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

844 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Thank you for verbalizing what a number of us suspect.
    Dodger12 likes this.
  16. visionary

7,275 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    i am not sure how you can say that and mean it about the main decision-maker for the franchise

you can ignore them if you wish but his words are a reflection of his thought process and he has made similar statements several times

it seems he has realized that he is not good enough as a GM to get this team to win anything and is unwilling to hire someone competent so is just falling back on what he knows: making it a show and making money from it

it is a defense mechanism

about as bad as it gets for the fans of a team
  17. daveferr33

daveferr33 Well-Known Member

312 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    Great post.
    Seven likes this.
  18. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,090 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    Playing fantasy football sucks if you always lose.
    Seven likes this.
  19. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,574 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    I think your answer has become quite evident.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,766 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    Maybe I wasn't paying attention before, but it seems like Jerry has been talking more and more about the Cowboys entertainment value. If you could trade shares of a football team publically on the stock market, I have no doubt Jerry would have done so by now. It's an entertainment business before anything else.