1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry's faith in Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Not to be contrary, but it seems like you just "feel" that Garrett is getting the keys and won't be convinced otherwise by any evidence. Is there anything short of Garrett getting fired that would convince you that he doesn't have the keys?

You may end up being right, but it feels like a stretch to spin one of the coaches Garrett picked getting fired and a loss of playcalling responsibilities as evidence of increased authority.

Again, I hope you're right.
  2. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,184 Messages
    1,966 Likes Received
    Because that Wade Phillips was Mr. Flash.
  3. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,790 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    I believe you may be onto something here. Jerry gives Jason the keys and full rope for the next year. Plenty of rope to either hang himself or jump rope to greater heights. I believe this is Jerry' s masterful way of making this a defining year for the young JG.
  4. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,790 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Oh, and for the record, I LOVE this hire and how "uncomfortable" it makes many at VR. Work it Jerry!
  5. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Yowza! Who's that pretty gal in your sig?
  6. Soth

Soth Active Member

352 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I agree this is a Garrett move, but I disagree that this is a good move.

I think Garrett has more power than people here think. Jerry listens to him.

But Kiffin is just too old. Being a DC requires long work hours and a lot of energy. It is a fast paced job and I doubt a 72 year old can handle it. Also, he was not succesful in his previous job, so I have my doubts that this will work. I am very concerned about the direction of this organization. I was not a huge RR fan, but he did a decent job with what he had. The defense had a real chance to improve next year and now we have to start over.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,716 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Labeau is going to be 76 when the season starts.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    That's her.
  9. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Doh!

***Blush***