1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: JFE on 103.3

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Zaxor, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    just said that they wanted to get Bledsoe 2 or 3 series at most last Saturday but they sent him out there 5 times to see if he could get something going...she also said Parcells was selling in his press conference and lots of folk was buying.... she said she wouldn't push the panic button now on Bledsoe but she sure would have her hand close to it
  2. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    fORGIVE MY IGNORANCE BUT BY "SELLING" ARE YOU (SHE) IMPLYING THAT WHAT bp SAID ABOUT US NOT REALLY TRYING ON OFFENSE WAS BOGUS?

My bad on the reverse Caps Lock...
  3. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh surely she couldn't be saying that...Bill Parcells would Neeeeeverrr lie to US :p:
  4. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    "I" am not impling anything... She is impling that yes

She is also saying that Al Johnson should be starting

she called Rogers a wussy and said Jerry said it could be Tucker that is starting at RT has all the tools just a mental case

Also thinks people will miss Vinny's 3500 yrds (without Glenn and JJ for significant time)
  5. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we get to the point where we will miss VT.....i'm gonna cry.
  6. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,768 Messages
    8 Likes Received

I'll second that.
  7. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Funny how she could know that, considering that Parcells told everyone before the game that each quarterback would play one-third of the game, and that's exactly what happened.
  8. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    okay now on to the def...

gonna play more 4 man line... first reason from Mickey Spags Parcells ask Burt who was the best D-lineman and he said Glover which according to Mickey got Bill thinking he did not want glover standing next to him most of the game...second reason from JFE is that in order to get Canty and some of these other guys that are showing a lot of promise into the mix it has to be a four man front...

She claimed Ware is really just battling with the mental part of the game but that once he gets it he will be getting to the QB...
  9. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :lmao2:eek:n another forum they call her the little ball of hate...I have no idea where she gets her info from though...I am only the repeater of it
  10. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I second this thought. This seems like a cheap shot at Bledsoe and I'm making excuses for his play either. JFE's QB comments will get a little closer scrutiny from me from now on.
  11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,056 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received

Jack you'll come to despise Drew Bledsoe before this is over and done with.
  12. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,056 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received

It's not a cheap shot. It's the truth unfortunately. Bledsoe has real problems in the pocket at this point.
  13. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Did Parcells clear this 4 man line stuff with Nors?
  14. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Said Romo is still taking snaps with the second team even though parcells said he would switch them up this week... when she asked parcells why they didn't change it he said he may or may not do that...She said its starting to smell like the Q/Hutch thing were Hutch never got a chance(her words not mine)
  15. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The whole thing with Ellis & Glover was to reduce the number of plays so they could be more effective when they were in...

We have lacked the ability to stop teams on 3rd down for many many moons now...

Thats where the D needs to step up & get the job done!
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    2003 was not many many moons, Dallas ranked 4th in the NFL in stopping teams on 3rd down which was why we were able to have a winning season.
  17. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    If Henson shows he is the better QB, BP will move him up, IMO.

From most accounts, the QB battle for number 2 is pretty even after 1 pre-season game, though Romo was performing better during the 1st week of TC.

Let's see what happens during the next 3 weeks. Should be interesting.

I'd be happy with either. (It's not like I'm going to get a kickback if Romo wins or if Henson wins!)
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    I'm with you. Who ever shows themselfs to be the best option that is who will get the job
  19. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People this is pathetic...1 pre-season game without "game planning"- Plain Vanilla plays called- Not even the starting line-up on the O-line etc..etc..etc..

Parcells is not going to show his hand until 09/11 in San Diego.

Bledsoe will be the least of our worries....

R--E---L---A---X...... :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:
  20. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow.........

Ever since she hit the Cowboys beat 3 seasons ago Jenny has been the best beat writer. She did a great job of reporting the facts and not revealing her personal opinion.

I think she's starting to express her opinions much more.

Her opinion that Al Johnson should be starting, even though he hasn't nailed down the job. Even stating so after Parcells clearly stated their are 3 solidified starters on the Oline.

Parcells clearly stated that they have charted every competitive drill, practice drill etc that these QBS have been put through. Its quite obvious that Romo has performed better than Henson.

Why wouldn't Parcells give Henson a fair chance. HAsn't every body and their mother stated that Parcells played a major part in the process of bringing Henson into the Cowboys.

Didn't he withhold the name of the player from the coaches/ scouts to avoid any leaks.

Didn't he and Jerry refrain from going to the work-out because they didn't want the rest of the league to know how interested they were.

Didn't Parcells personally call Henson former collegiate coach and members of the Yankees organization to get inside info.

Didn't he have a secret dinner in the backroom to get to know Henson and sell his program.

After one preseason game against 2nd , 3rd stringers and camp fodder Jenny states that Henson could be like Quincy Carter........a QB that performs poorly in practice but plays much better in games. :laugh2: My oh my.....She must really like Henson to use that analogy. Anything to score cool points for her dog in this race. I just hope Henson isn't smoking.

I think the Quincy/Chad comparison is ridiculous. Parcells from all accounts courted Henson, but now he's treating him like Chad...........could it be because he's performing like Chad did in camp. Maybe he doesn't have it.