1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: JFE with Goodfellas on ESPN 103-Dallas...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Aug 18, 2005.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Not much today...

Jen-Jen:
    • Parcells is "lying" about the back-up QB situation. Romo is solidly #2.
    • Henson did look better than Romo yesterday, and is improving as he goes but it is not enough to vault him to #2 at this point.
    • Dallas is one play away from starting a different QB. Parcells has been lucky thus far in regards to basically having an injury-free starter.
    • Parcells should be more worried about his first team O that could only muster one 1 first down in 5 possessions against Arizona.
    • Bledsoe better be pretty athletic when the RT basically ushers an opposing player into the backfield.
    • The Bledsoe question will only be answered when the regular season starts.

2. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the recap.
  3. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good one! :laugh2:
  4. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    From the DUH! files ... you could easily say:

*insert_any_team_here* is one play away from starting a different QB.

We know Chicago knows this.
  5. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Uh oh, I sense another 10 page Nors/Romo thread coming, if Nors is on line with us. :)
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Only if someone is arguing with him.
  7. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey we could get a 10 page Hostile/Henson thread too. Either way it's all been said before.
  8. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Chill little ball of hate. The o-line will come together.
  9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Kristi Scales was on Cowboy radio and said not only is Romo taking all the snaps with the 2nd team in practice, but he's also been the holder for the 1st team field goal unit. Which is another sign that he's pretty far ahead in the competition.
  10. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received

:hammer:
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I don't think any thing has been determined as of yet. Bill keeps saying that and I have no reason to think otherwise at this stage. Both QB's just need to keep on working hard everything else will take care of itself
  12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,857 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    Romo has been playing well according to reports, but if all of a sudden he starts having problems as things become more exotic and Henson continues to improve, why wouldn't he change his mind?
  13. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,680 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    With Bledsoe having a bad foot I'm hoping he plays only a series or two so we can get a long look at Henson and Romo with our starters or alteast some of the starters because that wont happen in the 3rd preseason game so whatever decision for #2 will be made after this week.
  14. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    That is why after only 1 pre-season I highly doubt everything is set in stone. I don't want that to sound as if I'm hoping Romo runs into problem that is not the case I will say I hope Henson continues to show improvement that is being reported.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Remember that Bill said don't look into anything into Quincy starting back to back preseason games in front of Hutch. So much so that Mickey proclaimed that Hutch had won the starting job and the Cowboys were merely playing Quincy with the 1st team because they wanted to give him a chance to fight for a roster spot. Claimed he had sources inside the organization that told him this, no less.

I tend to find Bill's statements far more vague and misleading than his depth charts.
  16. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I remember that I'm just stating after 1 pre-season game I highly doubt that anything is set in stone. Bill keeps saying don't read much into any of this yet people continue to spin this to fit their own arguments. We have 3 games to go before we hit the reg season and I expect many things to change as we continue to get ready for the season.
  17. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I don't think anything is set in stone yet, however, I still find it funny that some are still holding out hope that Romo will fail and Henson will suddenly take over the #2 spot, when it has been obvious by all accounts who the #2 Qb has been all pre-season long.

Now, having said that....it's still plenty early in TC....

It just seems that some need to start coming to some realizations.
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Who are you talking about, Kristi Scales or JFE?

The people sourced in this topic include the beat writer for the team and the sideline reporter for the organizations radio broadcast. Both of whom have no agenda other than to convey to their audience what they see in camp in practice everyday. If they can't portray any more insight into the team than what Bill says in his press conference, then their jobs are irrelevant.
  19. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I hope Romo continue to show improvement in his game as well as Henson I think that is very important to this ball club, who ever wins it wins it I have no problem with that at all but I do think people are place the cart before the horse at this stage. We have played 1 pre-season game and I think a lot of positions are still up for grabs and how these players respond over these next 2 to 3 games will determine everything.
  20. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Agreed....

Are people saying that reports have an agenda in this issue like some do on here?

Like these reporters don't know that if they aren't as accurate as they can be, that people will begin shying away from their columns.

The conspiracy against Henson continues...........