1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

JG will decide his future

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by sportsman, Nov 27, 2012.

1. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

774 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Most of you may not agree, but I don't think Jerry has the heart to out right fire JG. So he will give him an ultimative. Either drop play calling duties or else.
  2. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Well-Known Member

1,385 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    And how do you know it wasn't Jerry who wanted JG to handle play calling and OC while being HC?

:cool:
  3. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,149 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    He absolutely does

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8681308&city=dallas&wjb

Its not changing next year if JG is still here.
  4. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Actually, I think Jason continuing to call the plays was Jerry's idea to begin with. He had Wade Phillips do the same thing, only on defense. I could be wrong, but I believe this is the issue with having a man wear both the owner hat and the GM hat. Jerry saves money by not putting another coach on the pay role. That clearly appeals to the owner in him. And I think his GM is afraid to say anything for fear of being fired.
  5. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    not gonna happen, any coach in Dallas will call either Offense or defense per Jerry
  6. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,898 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    I think that JG pretty much decided his future on Thanksgiving.
  7. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Jerry will always designate one of his coordinators as the HC, because there is only one walk around coach in Dallas, and that is Jerry.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    Im telling you he'll get a pass because of the injuries.
  9. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,534 Messages
    2,108 Likes Received
    There will be injuries every season in the NFL. That should never be an excuse, but you are probably right, JJ might use that excuse. He might even use that same excuse for Garrett next year, and the next, and so on :(
  10. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,857 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    He has 5 games to save his job, if they continue to put that God awful product on the field I don't see how he can still remain as HC.
  11. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry forced Wade to actually to become DC, at the expense of tutoring Brian Stewart, while remaining HC. Remember, Wade was hired to fix a defense, not an 'ailing offense', because there was none.

Plus, he's paying the guy like 5 million dollars of year, meaning if JG can't call plays, while being in the top echelon of coaches as regards to salary, then how is he earning that paycheck?

Jerry gambled big time on this one and lost....
  12. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    JG was gonna get 3 full years no matter how bad this year went. When we suck a year from now then we can talk about new coaches.
  13. fifaguy

4,898 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Injuries don't explain the roller coaster ride, game in and game out, that has characterized this season (and last)...
  14. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Just curious--what's an ultimative?

:D
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I've always suspected that Joe Gibbs advice story was really more about money. Jerry knows better than anyone that his best success came with a walk-around head coach.
  16. fifaguy

4,898 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    a cross between an ultimatum and a motive?
  17. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,384 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    Don't think so. Jason Garrett wouldn't have anything to do then. We already know that he can't manage the game.
  18. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  19. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

819 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Stephen Jones' optimism on the Cowboy's position to make the playoffs tells a similar message - your fate is in your hands JG from those who sign your checks.

Them making the playoffs means another year of JG...just like Wade in 2007. The boys getting into the playoffs extended the Wade era yet another year.

Take your pick....I'll begrudgingly take JG for another year if it means we make the payoffs but would expect/want much better results!!
  20. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,404 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    As crazy as it sounds to some...it's the truth.

Jason is in reality little more than an OC...and you can be absolutely sure that the OC will be calling the plays.

As long as JG is here, he will ALWAYS be calling the plays.