1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jimi Hendrix movie trailer

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,376 Messages
    237 Likes Received

That was one of the first solos I learned from RR and used to know it note for note back in the day. It is one of his best compositions and while I love EVH circa 77-84 but he could never compose stuff like this.
    Heres a real treat.......Diary of a madman guitar track only.
  2. erickb

erickb Member

194 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Yea the Hendrix estate is weird to say the least, they still fight over money and who should be in charge of it etc.. They have been trying to raise money to build a park in Seattle, they teamed up with a local rock station and created a Tshirt as a fund raiser. I just don't know how to feel about that or them. The movie looks good though
  3. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,543 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Pay attention to others opinions besides your own. In 1966-67 which this film is set, Jimi did look his age (to me) . And 38 is 38 last time I checked.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,548 Messages
    1,195 Likes Received
    You still aren't getting it. Jimi had a much older look. And no is going to care about Andre being 38 except you. The people who made the movie definitely didn't care.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,881 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    I figured a few photos would help in the comparison of Jimi and Andre. It isn't to make a definite point, but rather just to look at the two side by side. It beats talking about Randy Rhodes. Go away thread hijackers. :D

Jimi Hendrix

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Andre Benjamin
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,150 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    EVH is great in his own way. More of a free style player. To his credit he did compose some great guitar melodies. One case in point that a lot of people don't know about is Michael Jackson's "Beat it" riff and solo. Awesome!

Randy was a master composer. Classical influence. Diary is a contradiction of sorts. The notes and cords shouldn't work. And yet they do. An eerie sound thought the entire song.