1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jimmy Johnson calls Jerry Jones' G.M. claims a "crock"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jgboys1, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,212 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    I really doubt that Jimmy cared what Jones called himself in the program.
    Jimmy knew who was really behind the success.
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I dont think Adam was even commenting on who built the team. He was just pointing out that Jimmy actually was wrong in saying that Jerry didn't call himself that when Jimmy was there - as he obviously did.
  3. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I heart me some Jimmy Johnson. The reason i got to experience a few Super Bowls and probably the last i will ever see.
  4. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    and Jimmy was Head Coach - General Manager as well. 20 years of coaching experience vs zero nada in 1989 should tell you enough about who was the football guy and who was the money guy in that relationship.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    The real meat of the article:

6. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Semantics and Deon aside, this lays waste to any assertion that Jerry contributed much of anything to the Superbowl run at the managerial level. It was contractual!

LOL at any suggestions that Wade, Garrett, Campo etc. had the same degree of influence or control of the team as Jimmy did.

/Cowboys are run the same as any other NFL team BS
  7. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,465 Messages
    382 Likes Received

*sigh* :banghead:
  8. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
  9. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,061 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Exactly. Everyone knows Jimmy built the team, not Jerry. But Jimmy's claim that Jerry didn't hold those titles when he was there is "a crock."

Jimmy also claimed that he was the "personnel director" when he was here, which is another crock. Bob Ackles was the personnel director until 1992, when he was replaced by Stephen Jones. Jimmy never held that title.

Again, Jimmy built the team, but he never held any of those titles, and he's wrong about Jerry not holding them when he was here.
  10. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

how is any of this news??
  11. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,465 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  12. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    Jimmy shut up....

You were a Jerry Puppet and you're trying to clean face.

Example :Barry Switzer
  13. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,061 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    No, he was not. Regardless of what he actually did, he never actually held the title of GM or co-GM or assistant GM or personnel director or anything like it.
  14. Dave_in-NC

12,212 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    So the only real difference is those guys held titles and took orders from Jimmy.
  15. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,907 Messages
    1,335 Likes Received
    Jerry was GM in name only. Jimmy built those teams. Everyone with a brain knows that. If Jerry was really the force behind those titles we would have been sparred the Quincy Carter-Chad Hutchinson years as well as all of the mediocrity years since.
  16. Doomsay

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Yup, technically correct, but irrelevant to how the team was run and who had the real influence under Jimmy's tenure. Jerry picked up Jimmy's toy, broke it, and hasn't fixed it since, because he doesn't have a clue how to run a team. Bill babysat for him for a few seasons and with good behavior, Jerry was able to get an even bigger playpen, now the partially repaired toy is all but busted again running off the dying power of a few stellar players brought in during the forced observation period of the past decade.
  17. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,586 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    I wonder if the next time Jerry brings up himself and the 3 Superbowls if anyone in the media will have the balls to mention this article?
  18. Dave_in-NC

12,212 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Well said.
  19. Doomsay

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received

Jerry puppet:laugh2:....do you mean save face?
  20. Dave_in-NC

12,212 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    I hope they rip him apart all week. Can't wait to see how this goes on FOX pregame this Sunday.:laugh2: