1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jimmy Johnson "I Want To Score."

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by beevomav, Oct 29, 2013.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,035 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Yeah, I thought he would get better but... If everything isn't perfect, if we don't execute on a few plays here and there... Plays CANT bail him out.

Too bad, I wanted thus to work out.
  2. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,978 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    Absolutely.

Offensively..despite all the rhetoric about how great Romo is..

and how Jones wouldn't want anybody else behind center than Romo in the 4th Qt...

..they are not interested in putting the game in Romo's hand with a lead..looked what happened against Denver.

This is clearly the problem and it's the problem with this team.

Offensively, we are slow out of the gate..usually fall behind in the 4th Qt and Romo playing well or not is the deciding factor.

We don't win close games anymore and Romo and the coaches protect that..to the end result we lose.

Too much dependency on Romo his whole career and he just doesn't get it done.

We'll never change.

So this losing isn't going to change.
  3. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

784 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    LOL. he was never a threat to run the ball. 5.1 40 time is SLOW. theres 500 lb lineman that can run faster than that. He was, and is, still a threat to escape and make a big play.
  4. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,683 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    The offense supplied the defense with a TEN point lead twice in the 4th quarter. The defense gave up 21 freaking points in a 10 minute span.
    dstovall5, 5Stars, beevomav and 3 others like this.
  5. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,918 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    Yea...ok. Perfectly fine to put it in his hands when the team is down and let him bring them back but as soon as they have the lead gotta take it out of his hands. LOL.

The fact that you brought up the Denver game like it proves your point pretty much shows where you're coming from.
    Smith22 likes this.
  6. Smith22

5,683 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    The man has a 100+ QB rating in the 4th quarter. He has done most of that with a below average OL and little help from the ground game. Your hatred for Romo is disgusting.
    dstovall5, 5Stars, gbrittain and 2 others like this.
  7. bounce

bounce Active Member

613 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    When you say Peyton, are you referring to the same Peyton that threw a pick six in the closing minutes of a Super Bowl to seal their loss? Romo would be crucified for that - people are still talking about a bobbled snap, which isn't even a mental mistake.
  8. Smith22

5,683 Messages
    157 Likes Received
  9. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

898 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    If your defense can't stop a team from scoring a touchdown with less than a minute and having to drive 80 yards with no time outs and your offense scores 30 points, I think it's on the defense.
    dstovall5, 5Stars, nake and 1 other person like this.
  10. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,715 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    Yeah, and how many times has Peyton come through in the clutch? Does he have a super bowl ring? Please don't ever compare Peyton and Romo. There is no comparison there right now. You talk about a botched snap in the Seattle game.. why not talk about something more recent? Like the 2012 Redskins game where Romo sunk the whole team?
    venky likes this.
  11. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Maybe he doesn't because he just sucks...
  12. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    As Sturm pointed out, whether he held or not didn't impact the field goal, which they were most likely playing for. It could be argued that the coaching staff bat it into their head to play for the field goal no matter what.
  13. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Don't forget the Denver game they kept throwing with the lead and ended up tossing a pick. At this point it looks like it don't matter which one they do imo.
  14. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Yep. Whether Cowboys fans want to admit it or not, Romo's mistakes hang like a STORM CLOUD over this franchise.
    Can you imagine the fallout if, in that situation, Romo throws a costly interception?
    That ship has passed, unfortunately. Romo's reputation is fixed, and I think Garrett plays scared because he wants to shield Romo from the outslaught of media criticism that will come if he fails, and, deep down, he doesn't trust Romo.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  15. Doctor32

Doctor32 Hi-Definition Warrior

1,067 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Off Target?
    Dwayne Harris can't catch.
  16. tyke1doe

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received

Uh, no, we're not. Have you seen this board after a Romo mistake near the end of a game?
  17. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

784 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    you dont see me on here joining in...trying is better than not...at least for me.

those are mostly romo haters you're talking about anyhow.
    5Stars likes this.
  18. al124

al124 Member

128 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Agreed. You can only get so much from an undrafted free agent.

I'm glad the team is building a young and talented foundation through the draft. We WILL win in the playoffs and possibly Super Bowl - it won't be Romo at QB though.
  19. tyke1doe

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Whether they're Romo haters or not, this board would NOT be okay with a late-game interception by Romo. And many of those "Romo haters" have turn that way because of Romo's play. I remember many saying, "I used to be able to defend Romo but now I can't."

It's not always on Romo, but sometimes it is.
  20. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,715 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    Yup, I can imagine the fallout. I have seen that story line play out many times before. I don't blame JG at all.