1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jimmy Johnson: Tony Romo is a great QB, will win a Super Bowl

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by rafaelgreco, Aug 29, 2012.

1. rafaelgreco

rafaelgreco Member

93 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Posted by Michael David Smith on August 29, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT

Jimmy Johnson won two Super Bowls as the head coach of the Cowboys. He believes Tony Romo will win at least one Super Bowl as the quarterback of the Cowboys.

Johnson said today that he sees greatness in Romo, even though Romo has been there for only one playoff win in his six seasons as the Cowboys’ starting quarterback.

“The guy is a great quarterback,” Johnson said, via ESPNDallas.com. “You’ve got to win the ring to get it done. I think Romo can get it done. I love Tony Romo. . . . I believe it’s going to happen. I do.”

Johnson’s comments echo those of Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach, the Super Bowl-winning Cowboys quarterbacks who have insisted that Romo is every bit the quarterback that they were.

Although Johnson, Aikman and Staubach won’t find a lot of fans who agree with them about Romo’s greatness, Johnson says that’s because Romo “catches more undeserved abuse” than any NFL player. Deserved or not, the abuse Romo takes is going to continue, unless he proves Johnson right.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...-johnson-i-believe-tony-romo-will-win-a-title
  2. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,998 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    3-inch headlines?
  3. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,730 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    :lmao: Good one!
  4. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    He WILL end his career with a super bowl appearance. Winning it; however, is like a coin toss.
  5. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,932 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    That's what I don't understand.. If so many people that know more about quarterbacking in the NFL than most of us can imagine, think he is great, how come so many people (mediots and fans alike) think he sucks? :confused:
  6. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,156 Messages
    1,372 Likes Received
    Jimmy Johnson takes straddles both sides of the fence on this issue. Has zero credibility because of it.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Because stating that anything about the Cowboys sucks = $$$.
  8. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Waiting for the inevitable and annoying....."That can't be right, I have it on good authority that Romo is not any good" or some such version of it.

BTW, I like Romo and believe he is a very good QB who doesn't always get the respect or recognition he deserves and I agree with Jimmy. I just hate posts like these.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree with him. :starspin
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,585 Messages
    5,499 Likes Received
    When people start talking about what is wrong with the Cowboys and Romo is the first thing they mention I have to just walk away.
  11. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,260 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    This fan agrees with them,.
  12. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,260 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I do the same thing, even when they start talking crap about Jerry being the problem, I just shake my head and walk away
  13. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,714 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,434 Messages
    3,754 Likes Received
    I have no doubts Romo is capable and I think if some others can step up he can help us the rest of the way. Romo has to share in the blame of the team but I have seen way too many times where he puts the team in the position to win and yet others do not step up.
  15. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Well...
  16. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,346 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    If the Defense makes plays and the Oline blocks...... slide on Ring #6. Romo has some of the best stats throughout his career with no D and no Oline. At least Peyton had someone to block for him.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,904 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received

I don't even allow people like that to continue to speak if Romo is the first thing they bring up. They're immediately cut off and I move onto someone who actually has some football knowledge to speak with.