1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jindal to Cheney: Lay off Obama

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Andy Barr Andy Barr – Thu Apr 16, 11:17 am ET
    Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-La.) suggested Thursday that former Vice President Dick Cheney should tone down his criticism of President Barack Obama.

Cheney has repeatedly criticized the president’s national security policy, saying recently on CNN’s “State of the Union” that Obama’s decisions “raise the risk to the American people of another attack.”

Asked to respond to Cheney’s remark during an interview ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Jindal said: “I don't think we should question President Obama's patriotism or his intentions.”

“I think Democrat or Republican, we should all agree that our current president, our former president would obviously want to do everything they could to keep us safe,” he said. “Let's give the new administration a chance. Let's not question their intentions. Let's have a real debate on their policies.”

The Republican governor praised Obama for “showing more flexibility when it comes to Iraq than maybe some of the campaign rhetoric suggested.”

“I am, quite honestly, pleasantly surprised,” he said. “That's the kind of pragmatism, listening to the commanders on the ground, I think is very important.”

Jindal did offer some criticism of the president, pointing out that it is “fine to have an honest disagreement on the policies that both administrations would choose to try to keep us safe.”

“At some point, we need to stop going overseas and apologizing, criticizing our predecessors,” he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090416/pl_politico/21321
  2. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,735 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    A well reasoned response from Jindal balanced with fair criticism.

But I doubt this goes over well with his base-- another indication that Jindal has much to learn about politics.
  3. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haha it seems this administration is thin skinned.

That is funny how other President have been allowed to be hammered over and over again.

:splat:
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,241 Messages
    4,570 Likes Received
    Jindal is part of the Obama administration?
  5. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,892 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    :confused: You beat me to it. Jindall is hardly a fan of the current administration. Cheney is hardly in a position to take shots. His attitude is one of the reasons that other countries are wary of dealing with the U.S..
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,939 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    They still don't want to deal with us... see France...
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    Cheney is in great position to take shot, he and Bush have been taking them for 8 years why shouldn't it be able to dish it out?
  8. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,105 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    I guess what goes around comes around :)
  9. WoodysGirl

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Or how about two wrongs don't make a right.. :)

I wasn't a Bush basher as some are, so I can understand why his supporters were upset when he was lambasted at every turn.

I guess my position is if you didn't like it happenening to your guy, then don't do it to the new guy. Rise above the nonsense and show that you are different than all the people you complain about. But if at every chance you get to take a shot, you take it, then that makes you no better than them.

Not you specifically, just responding to you.
  10. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    People have a right to be critical and Cheney has taken shots sometimes deserved other times not. Now that he is calling it the way he seeing it some are getting upset?
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    yep. i'm not an obama fan, but he is the president and deserves the chance to see what he can do. he'll make his mistakes as all presidents do, and hopefully learn from them.

while i still hear mr rogers say all this, it does make my respect for him go up.
  12. xWraithx

xWraithx Benched

3,449 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,442 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    And he's a terrible shot at that. ;)
  14. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    You don't know where he was aiming. :lmao2:
  15. Jarv

7,105 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Lol...Those shotguns seem to spray pellets everywhere.

Good one !
  16. Jarv

7,105 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Yes mom, your right...:(

Walks away sheepishly.
  17. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was not just Bush it goes back to Clinton and before that a lot of Presidents take heat for a lot of things sometimes for stuff that makes no sense
  18. WoodysGirl

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Right. Nothing wrong with criticism when due.

However, I really, really get tired of reading threads posted with the sole purpose of well "If this had been Bush" Or the goal is to simply bash Obama only to find out that his course of action is no different than any other president.

Granted there are some legitimate things to beat up Obama about, but find those things to discuss rather than get into another "If this had been Bush" type of thread. I just find it all very hypocritical.

It's a vicious cycle.
  19. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Seriously.

Who in the Frick gives a crap about what Cheney thinks.

Hey Dick...just go down into your bunker and don't come back out.

When we find Bin-Laden...we'll let you know.