1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Jingle Bell Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Oh_Canada, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

7,654 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    Day off and bored, so here's a holiday mock for you to shred at your leisure:

I like the idea of a trade down in this draft, so I've included one with the Colts who might be desperate for a tackle to protect a very important asset:

1-24.Barrett Jones-C/G: I would love Ansah here, but I think he goes top fifteen after he blows up the combine. Jones is just is too versatile and too good to pass up in his absence. I see him taking Bernadeau's spot who than will compete with Costa for the starting center job.

2-47.Chase Thomas-OLB: High compete level and strong enough at the POA. Seems like a JG guy if he sticks around of course.

3.-78.Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia-Let's face it, Doug Free sucks. This guy has great feet and a stout pass protector.

4.-84.Tony Jefferson, S-This kid would give Ryan some flexibilty as he has outstanding cover skills and a great blitzer. With the depth at safety in this class I can see him dropping.

5.William Gholston, DE-A player who is coming on as the season ends. Terrific potential, Cowboys need a player with his athleticism on it's dline. Worth a fourth rd pick.

6.Dennis Johnson, RB-Love the toughness and pass catching ability of this little dynamo.

7.Brad Sorenson, QB-Big guy with a good arm and decent athlete from a small school. I think it's worth a shot.

2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

4,524 Messages
    1,566 Likes Received
    Not crazy about rounds 2, 3 and 5. Love Jones, Jefferson, and Johnson. I don't see Thomas as an upgrade to Spencer in anyway to warrant a 2nd round pick. And Gholston is just a flat out underachiever. Never did anything in college

3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

20,025 Messages
    6,531 Likes Received
    Rather see em take a flyer on the inujured Carradine or Jenkins in 3 or 4. I also think they draft a tackle before interior.

4. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Well-Known Member

1,123 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    :eek:

5. Oh_Canada

7,654 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    I understand the Gholston hate, but he is coming on as a player second half of the season.

6. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Thomas is overrated IMO. Seems to run around a lot but only makes plays when the play runs into him. We don't have a 7th pick because of Cook coming from Miami. Agree with Gholston evaluation.

7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

23,142 Messages
    12,918 Likes Received
    Didn't you get an extra pick from the trade down?

1-24.Barrett Jones-C/G: I would love Ansah here, but I think he goes top fifteen after he blows up the combine.
    I like Jones, but I think there will be some better players at #24. At best he is probably the 5th or 6th OL drafted. In the 2012 draft, the 5th and 6th OL were at #37 and #41.

What position do you project Ansah to play if drafted by the Cowboys?

2-47.Chase Thomas-OLB: High compete level and strong enough at the POA. Seems like a JG guy if he sticks around of course.
    Thomas seems like a guy that you wait and see if he is available in the 3rd. I would prefer one of the injured OLB prospects like Tank Carradine or Brandon Jenkins. Also, #47 seems like a sweetspot in this draft for Safety and OLine.

3.-78.Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia-Let's face it, Doug Free sucks. This guy has great feet and a stout pass protector.
    This would be a good pick at this spot. Physically, Aboushi appears to have the requirements to play the position. He just needs some good coaching.

4.-84.Tony Jefferson, S-This kid would give Ryan some flexibilty as he has outstanding cover skills and a great blitzer. With the depth at safety in this class I can see him dropping.
    I see Jefferson as a 2nd rounder.

5.William Gholston, DE-A player who is coming on as the season ends. Terrific potential, Cowboys need a player with his athleticism on it's dline. Worth a fourth rd pick.
    I might prefer Margus Hunt as a project DE.

6.Dennis Johnson, RB-Love the toughness and pass catching ability of this little dynamo.
    OK.

7.Brad Sorenson, QB-Big guy with a good arm and decent athlete from a small school. I think it's worth a shot.
    The Cowboys don't have a 7th unless you got it in your trade.

8. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Based on where we probably end up and having Indy at 24, they should be giving us atleast a 3rd to move up. Could you explain what we get out of trading with them? Since we don't currently have a 7th, it just looks like you traded, lets say #18 (900 points) for #24 (740) and their 7th which is only worth about 5 points. So, we have a 160 point difference if you follow the trade value chart. 160 is about what their 3rd will be worth. Thoughts?

9. Oh_Canada

7,654 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    Seventh player chosen not seventh rd, sorry for the confusion.

I have the same feeling of Thomas as I did Brooks Reed coming out.

10. Oh_Canada

7,654 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    See above-I think I confused everyone with numerical order. Yes-in this scenario we used Colts third rounder to draft Jefferson.

11. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ok. My mistake. In that case, I like it a ton better.