1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

JJ and staff most surprised that Chapas was still on the Board

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Woods, May 1, 2011.

1. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    in Round 7. They considered drafting him in Round 6. He mentioned this at the end of the Draft press conference.

- Jerry Jones cited 7th rounder Shaun Chapas as the most surprising and pleasing pick, saying the team debated drafting him a round earlier. Jerry claimed the War Room did not expect to see him available when they came on the clock again. (from Cowboysnation)
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    He'll push Gronk for a roster spot. The way they talked on the ticket last night, he will likely get it.
  3. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I think Gronk goes bye-bye.
  4. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never go into a draft with "pet cats" but if I ever came close to having a late 2nd day pet cat, it was this guy.

Loved this pick. He will definitely add something to our running game because he's such a good lead blocker, and unlike some of the FB's we've trotted out the last 6-8 years this guy is a threat as a receiver out of the backfield.

I dont think he's at Darryl Johnston's level in his prime, but there are definitely some similarities.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    I'll definitely be watching for this very player during camp. If he can stick his face guard into pads, and catch an occasional pass..I'll be ON BOARD.:star:
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,824 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    And don't blow a blocking assignment on passing plays, especially a blitz.:mad:
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...and rightfully so.:banghead:
  8. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,999 Messages
    4,529 Likes Received
    Let's give them TC to fight it out. That's if we have a TC.
  9. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I've been watching Chapas for years. I think he will be a sensational fullback.
  10. Donny Phoenix

Donny Phoenix Active Member

142 Messages
    28 Likes Received

I'm officially intrigued by this pick. I hadn't heard anything about him. But what I've read since the draft is great news.

Also, Gronk whiffed on blocks that ended Romo's season AND Dez's season? Woooow... is he on suicide watch?
  11. natesboys051

natesboys051 New Member

112 Messages
    0 Likes Received

This QUOTE is getting dumber and dumber. The Giants called a 'perfect storm' blitz on the Boys and it's NOT the first (or last) that Romo will get CLOCKED by a blitzing LB or DB.....so please stop already with the non-stop 'ignorant' references to Gronk and his missed block.....we SOUND sooooo stupid on this forum.....almost like the IDIOT Dallas media types that pretend to know what they're talking about. It's really sickening sometimes to hear those idiots spewing their HATE on a daily basis or the STUPID questions they ask at all Press Conferences. I miss Parcells sometimes just for his way of 'dumbing down' his Press Conferences just for the Dallas press and media types......later
    :banghead:
  12. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Why did you feel it was necessary to put quotations over ignorant? Never seen that one before. And props for exaggerating the KEY words.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,205 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    I'm surprised he didn't call him first round talent.
  14. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

878 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Funny after going back and re-reading that post.
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,816 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    He wasnt injured or they would have.
  16. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    I think he is easily better than Gronk right now.