1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

JJ comes up short.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dorsett33, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Dorsett33

Dorsett33 Member

165 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Did JJ end up 7 yards short of a 1000 yd season? I was amazed to see that after 20 games, JJ is well ahead of any Cowboy runningback.....Wow!
  2. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Not enough blitzing.. Zone Supporter

1,629 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I really wish he got his 1K yards but I would rather have him bust out for 1500 yards.
  3. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    How about YPC?
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    I've got mixed feelings on that one -- I would have liked to see him get it -- but I like that BP doesn't focus on stats or individual stuff. he could easily have put JJ in for a couple of draw plays at the end of the game but instead played to (at least try to) win the game
  5. Dorsett33

Dorsett33 Member

165 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I totally agree with you. I would have like to see him get it, but I agree that team should come before individual stats.
  6. big_neil

big_neil Benched

902 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    JJ didn't deserve the title of "1000 yard rusher" for this season. He only had one 100 yard game all season.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    1,000 yard rusher hasn't meant anything since there was a 12 game season. 16 games, is that 60 yards a game?
  8. big_neil

big_neil Benched

902 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good point. Terry Glenn was 11 yards shy of his career high, losing 10 of them on that questionable penalty that would have given them a first down.