1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: JJT: Dixon gets chance to star as starter

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by LaTunaNostra, Jul 24, 2004.

1. jdnalls

jdnalls New Member

1,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I totally agree with you Hos. I'm personally pulling for Keith Davis to beat Dixon out.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,170 Messages
    4,350 Likes Received
    I have faith our D will step up and at least kep it a winnable game.
  3. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's good for Dixon and I'd like to see him prove himself. Like others have said, he might be dogged on a little too much because everyone still hates him for that 2nd round pick. But he's been stuck on the bench for too long with Woody and Roy, it's time to see if we got anything with that pick. We'd have some great depth if he can fill just half of Woody's shoes.
  4. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,867 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    I've never liked Dixon. A classic player that looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane. From a pure build standpoint, he looks like the second coming of Darren Woodson. But based on his play, other than his solid work on special teams last year, he looks like Lynn Scott's inferior.

He's certainly getting a golden opportunity here. And as a former second round pick, it'd sure be nice if we could exclude him from the "bust" category. But given he should have never been selected in the second round anyway, and based on his performance thus far, I'm expecting the worst.

You never know, some guys suddenly get a kick in their rear when an opportunity like this is handed to them. I just can't see Dixon being one of those players.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,751 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    When I think of a Dallas Safety and Terrell Owens there are only two thoughts I want to enter my mind.

1. Roy getting a clean shot.

2. Teague defending the Star.

Dixon just disappoints me to no end. We had San Fran beat. All he had to do was double the man assigned to him instead of letting him run free.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,170 Messages
    4,350 Likes Received
    He can't and has proved it over the last few years. He wasn't drafted for depth. Those players are taken is rounds 5, 6 and 7.
  7. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He wasn't drafted for depth but he became that with Roy Williams drafted the year after and Woody still rolling on. ;) I'd like to see him play a little. I really don't want to see Dallas draft another high round safety in the draft. LOL I hope he works out.
  8. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is it Dixon's fault he is a SS and Zimmy doesn't use FS's?

Dixon is a fine SS and perhaps at this stage of their career's a better one then Woody... as good (or as bad in coverage as Woody)...But healthier...

Myself, I want Parcells to beat some sense into zimmy and force him to play a FS (Davis)...

Scott? he must just be zimmy's gay lover?
    ;)
  9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received

Yet Parcells hasn't even attempted to address the safety position in the draft or in free agency, despite the obvious fact that Dixon is sorry, and Woody is on his last leg.

Again ... those things that make you say hhhmmmmmm.
  10. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,835 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    I just hope we can get more pressure on the quarterback. That will solve some of our cover issues.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    I think you are the only one who has a problem with Zimmer. If Parcells did not think he was doing the job then why did he persuade him to not take the job at Neb. and to remain in Dallas and to top it off he gave him a pay raise? Zimmer knows a lot more about running a defense then say???? You. LOL