1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: JJT: Garrett's players finally speaking up

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 20, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Cowboys' leaders are stepping up to motivate their own -- as coach always wanted
    Updated: September 20, 2013, 10:24 AM ET
    By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- A lot of guys could've done what Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Jason Hatcher did after practice the other day.

He didn't talk long, but in a passionate soliloquy -- yes, he dropped several F-bombs, according to multiple witnesses -- Hatcher talked to his teammates about being singularly committed to winning, avoiding another mediocre season and playing for something other than a paycheck.

Then he implored Witten to ride with him. Romo, too.

Hallelujah. It's about time.

The Cowboys have every opportunity to create a new narrative.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...rship-their-locker-room?ex_cid=espnapi_public
    cajuncocoa likes this.
  2. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,015 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Good to hear. Players need to hold other players accountable like the Jimmy Johnson teams did.
  3. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,235 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    Hatcher is a real gem. Good article.
  4. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Cowboys need some vocal leaders.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,534 Likes Received
    Cowboys need to learn how to play a full 4 qrts. I'm glad Hatcher is standing up as he did but talk is cheap.
  6. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    I agree Hatcher has to prove he can play all season at a high level and injury free. In the past he has never had injury free seasons.
  7. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,534 Likes Received
    I'm not talking about Hatcher I'm talking about this team. Guys need to get their heads in the game and play 4 qrts of football. Not disapear for a qrt or a half. I'm not going to blame one player it is every player on this team get your heads in the game from the opening kickoff to the end of the game.
    tantrix1969, visionary and dallasdave like this.
  8. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Good point and I agree with you, but I don't want to see the Cowboys sign Hatcher to a huge contract for multi years. Hatcher is 31 and injury prone. Thank God, the Cowboys did not sign Spencer to a long term contract, it seems he could be through do to his age and knee problems.
  9. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,235 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    The only DT who rates beter than Hatcher right now on PFF is Suh. He walks his talk.
  10. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,534 Likes Received
    Guys my point is not Hatcher, I'm glad he stood up and said what he did. My concern is every single player being ready to go at the opening kickoff and playing the entire game. Dallas can look very good and then turn right around and plays sloppy with mental break downs and going through the motions. They need to get their heads into the game the entire game.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,712 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    Good for Hatch. I hope they follow that lead and come out and start playing some more displined football.
  12. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Offense is not steady and often seems confused.
  13. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,072 Messages
    2,075 Likes Received
    Bwahahaha... It's all part of Jason Garrett's master plan... Man, JJT smokin some serious crack...
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  14. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

812 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    We need to be stop being so conservative as well. Teams come back because it almost looks like we stop trying to score once we get the slightest cushion. I like the Manning way, keep scoring until the opposing teams fans start leaving in the third quarter. Problem is, we haven't looked good at scoring much at all as of late.
    tantrix1969 and Wheeltax like this.
  15. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,534 Likes Received
    I agree. This team at times can look unstoppable and then we start making 1 screw up after another. Guys need to come to the game ready to go and don't let up until the end of the game.
    Cebrin likes this.
  16. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,118 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Doomsday, I totally get your point. When guys like Witten and Ware STILL take dumb penalties, we will never win consistently until everyone plays focused football for 4 quarters, week in and week out. Hatcher also pulls bonehead penalties every once in awhile as well, but at least he stepped up to put it all on the line.
  17. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Now the Cowboys have "show me", time for talking is done.