1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: JJT: It's Time for Antonio Bryant to Step Up

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, May 19, 2004.

1. hockix

hockix Active Member

1,017 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And I also agree that Bryant has to it this year.
  2. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

We agree again, I was not in favor of acquiring Keyshawn either. he is a very good osession receiver and he will light a fire under his teammates , and Parcells will back him up. He is a chain mover. But because of his age I wanted to by pass him and pick up one of the young receivers that came out in the draft.

And I'm really hoping that Parcells has his eye on Mike Williams, in the supplemental draft. Actually I have a feeling that we will get one of the two main guys in the supplemental draft, Meaning Williams or Clarret.
  3. hockix

hockix Active Member

1,017 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just don't know why we are still talking about that.
    Williams will not win and won't be in a supplemental draft.

I wish but he won't.
  4. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You see that is the problem. people keep thinking he will be on the sideline by mid season and henson will be playing. I'm sorry, but IF that happens henson still will be on the sidelines. and whom ever the vet backup is will be playing.

But there is no need to worry because none of that will happen, Carter will have a great season so all those other scenarios or dreams that people have of henson playing they can put them out of their minds.

people need to look at the big picture here, Carter lead the team to a 10-6 record and they made it to the playoffs, that was a big accomplishment.
    Not only that, it has put some more confidence in the Carter and the whole team. that is why you are seeing a relaxed Carter whenever is is interviewed, he has that confidence that was snagged from him back in 2002, that swagger is starting to show again.

So sit back and enjoy the show, because we are on our way back to the top of the mountain.
    KING OF THE HILL , BABY!!!! KING KONG AIN'T GOT NOTHIN ON THE COWBOYS.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!! I can feel another one of those type of lines coming, heck Parcells may even say that same Line. LOL
  5. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    I disagree with it because I put more value on the football philosophies of Tom Landry and Bill Parcells. Show something by the 3rd year or be prepared to move on.

Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Byron Leftwich, Peyton Manning, and Drew Bledsoe. 5 QBs who were thrown to the wolves as rookies. One under Parcells watch. Each of those guys came into the league and just by watching them you knew that something special was on the horizon when the pieces of their team all came together. Whether they had good or great weapons, what they all have or have is an intangible quality that simply makes you think that the sky is the limit if the stars align.

I like Q, but I do not get that feeling about him at all. Without a doubt, a nice kid. Also to me, without a doubt, he has not proven that he deserves to be entrenched as an NFL starter.

A legion of his fans disagree with me on that, and truthfully that is okay with me as long as it remains civil.

I see a huge difference in those QBs and Q. That difference is in their accuracy and their mechanics. I also think that they were simply born to play the game. It just happens for some people.

There's and old saying that I always liked. "A man who works with his hands is a laborer. A man who works with his hands and his head is an artisan. A man who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."

I think that is true in any occupation. Peyton Manning is an artist already. I honestly think Byron Leftwich will be. Cincinnati will regret taking Palmer over him. I like Palmer okay, but I said it draft day, Leftwich is a difference maker.

That's what we need in order to go as far as we can, a difference maker. There are people who differ in opinion on Tom Brady. I don't understand that really. My eyes see a difference maker. It is not a system where you take him out and plug in someone else in and the Patriots are still scary good. He makes them good.

For all of his good qualities, and there are some, Q does not make us good. 4 years, 5 years, 6 years, and so on. I just don't see the magical light switch that some people think is suddenly going to be thrown on.

Are there exceptions? Sure. Rich Gannon and Steve McNair come to mind. I don't see Q in the same light as them at this point. I love Steve McNair. He is my favorite player in the NFL. I love him because he is flat out a tough son of a gun who plays QB like he is a LB. Take no prisoners. From the first time I saw him, I knew he would figure it out, and be something special one day. Q is not tough like McNair.

If anything I see him a lot like I now see Gannon. Maybe he will turn that corner one day like Gannon did, and light things up. I know for a fact he, like Gannon, is a hard, tireless worker. It only took Gannon 14 years or so to reach that level of play.

I'm impatient. I think I'll stick with Landry and Parcells on this over you. If you don't mind?

Aactually, even if you do.
  6. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,313 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    I am not the biggest fan of JJT's work, but I couldn't agree any more with this point.
  7. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    Wow, we finally agree on something. I think Mike Williams is a potential difference maker.

I think Key can be a difference maker, and that difference can just as easily be a bad difference if he plays locker room instigator.
  8. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    I know what you were responding to. I wanted to see if you'd start your usual flame wars. Thank you for keeping it on a good discussion level. I appreciate it very much.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

81,773 Messages
    5,596 Likes Received
    Keyshawn never sugar coats his comments and comparing Carter to King yeah I think that is not only fair but accurate
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,737 Messages
    2,991 Likes Received
    I agree. This is no broad side of the barn pot shot IMO. This is probably the best comparison I can think of other then maybe Slash. Very simular players and circumstances.
  11. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

See there you go again, with that flaming stuff, there is not one post that I have ever flamed anyone, if anything I have been the recipient of flame posts.

If we had a bible I would put my hand on it and say swear by it that i do not flame anyone. I think you are just a little mixed up when it comes to flaming posts.
    Now if you go to the DMN or FWST message board you will see flaming posts. I do not name call, nor do I curse any one, i like to debate, now maybe you take my confidence in what i know and what i have heard and saw and the way I say things as flames, but I cannot help that,. I'm just a very confident person.
  12. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    Maybe it is. I'm not saying one way or the other. I have deep reservations about Key because he does stir things up. He is compared to Irvin that and I honestly do not see the comparison other than the position you play. Irvin stirred things up but always positive. Key can be really negative.

I have hopes he is a help to this offense this year. If he ends up causing waves, I really won't be surprised.

This incident was a ripple, but if it festers it could become a wave. We don't need that.
  13. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    As I told you in PM, your definition of flaming does not necessarily jive with what our opinion of it is.

Let's keep this on the tack it is now. Good discussion is fine. Again, thank you for that.
  14. Doomsday101

81,773 Messages
    5,596 Likes Received
    I agree with you but it does seem Parcells knows how to handle those type of players. Not only Keyshawn but Brian Cox who makes Keyshawn look like a saint.
  15. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Keyshawn is waaaaaay off Carter is a whole lot better than King. King should have been another what is that guy's name that plays for the steelers.

Key was wrong and he will find that out in minicamps. How much do you want to bet Keyshawn comes back with an apology, IF this stuff really happened.

I do not believe that stuff has any truth to it at all.
  16. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    On the old boards someone compared Q to Aaron Brooks. When all was said and done it was one of the best and most thorough comparisons I have seen. I myself, had never considered it.
  17. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    Not to mention LT.
  18. hockix

hockix Active Member

1,017 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm also afraid of what Key can do and say to stir things up.
    But Parcells coached him in the past so he must be able to controle Key, if not I don't think they would have made the trade.
  19. Doomsday101

81,773 Messages
    5,596 Likes Received
    That is your opinion but the fact are Kings numbers are better than Carters number even when King was the starter for a not so good Tampa Bay team. Having said that King was not a very good starting QB and is doing what he does the best and that a backup QB which is what I expect to see Carter doing within the next year or 2. Other than your hoping and praying for Carter but he has not done jack
  20. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    True but remember, Parcells is the guy who traded him away to Tampa. We can't ever forget that at one time Parcells himself didn't think he was a vital cog.