1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: JJT - Jerry needs to commit to Garrett or fire him

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,538 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    If it makes you feel any better, I'd trust you to more to tell me about how to water my lawn than I would him. Simply because you are there.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    But I think Garrett had much more say in whothe DC was going to be than JJT seems to believe.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,052 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Yeah, but the ship is going down, JJT and the Dallas Media have finally realized he doesn't walk on water.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,268 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    So you would agree with Jerry's assessment in that the defense was to blame for the Chicago loss?

:laugh1:
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

7,505 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    Jerry not firing Garrett this yr is total proof that he's committed to him. JTT and his man b00bs are a yr late with this
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

13,889 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Sorry, it doesnt work like this JJT.

Coaches all over the NFL every year are told "you got one more year and if we dont make the playoffs you are gone".

You dont think any of the 8 head coaches that have been fired were not given warnings last season?
  7. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,866 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Another media hack that is never really providing real news, just his version of how events are occurring.

Who cares, JJT.

Tell us something about the future that actually bears out, not some half-baked conjecture. We all do THAT here on the website. You are getting paid to report, not pontificate.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPreSS
  8. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,222 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    They don't. It's really amusing some act like they do.
  9. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,162 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    He is committing to him. Only media and fans think he isn't.
  10. cowboyeric8

5,162 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Jerry never said that
  11. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,538 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Maybe you missed this little tidbit after he fired Ryan (from the NY Post): “I thought we could play better before the injuries, and so I factored that in. It wasn't like we had a lot of injuries out here when we played Chicago. It wasn't like we had a lot of injuries when we played Seattle. I didn't like the way we played there,” Jones said."

I think it's pretty obvious who he's laying the blame on, unless you are closed minded.
  12. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,538 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Oh it's downright hilarious.

Those same people will then turn around and when a story is reported that lies counter to what they have "leaked" to the forum, they say "well that's the media. Never believe the media".
  13. cowboyeric8

5,162 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I don't like the way the defense played in those games either. So what?
  14. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,072 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=251223

Maybe you missed this because it doesn't fit your agenda.
  15. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,538 Messages
    33 Likes Received
  16. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,538 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Good for you. You won't find many who don't disagree. However, you stated though that Jerry never said he blamed the defense for those two losses. You were incorrect.
  17. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

14,629 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Really? Where is this link? And if you link the interview that was put out a couple of days ago but recorded two days before it aired then I would like to see the part in the question or answer that brings up Rob Ryan or even the defense.

Jerry has said nothing publicly about the firing to my knowledge even to say that it happened. I want to see Kiffin's press conference to introduce him to us.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  19. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,416 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    How? I wanted Payton here really bad, but there is no way Jerry could have "made a play" for him. Why? He was under contract. One team cannot contact another team's head coach while they are under contract. I keep hearing this but it is like people have no understanding of how the NFL works in that respect.

Payton was under contract THROUGH the end of the 2012 season which means he could not even talk to him until the regular season was over. The contract that was invalidated by the NFL was his extension, not his current contract. That's why when he didn't sign a new extension right away, the media and fans started speculating. The problem is that he signed a contract before any other team could contact him. That tells me he had no intention of ever leaving the Saints.

/reality
  20. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,416 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    The team is worth more today than it was last season or even yesterday. Not arguing with your logic as I agree, but I think the bottom line point is missed by so many.

/reality