1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: JJT on Norm

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by InmanRoshi, Sep 1, 2005.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Peerless Price in town today?
    I understand he’ll be in town late today and do the official visit tomorrow meeting with the coaches and and a few players. He was at Miami early today, and New England supposedly was interested. That looks to be it right now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if another couple of teams jump in there.

Was he a disappointment or a bad fit in Atlanta?
    He was a bust, no other way to say it. Its nice to catch passes against a #2 CB when the other team is double teaming Eric Moulds. In Atlanta, teams were game planning how to take him away.

Quincy Morgan gone?
    I think so. He is probably trying to accelerate it with his comments. He’s a cool dude, and a friend of mine, but the fact remains he didn’t perform when he needed to so another guy took his job. Read his quotes, you can tell he’s looking to get out of here.

What are you watching tonight?
    Marcus Spears, the first time we’ve seen him in a game situation. Kevin Burnett, he has playmaker all over him and he’ll eventually take over at OLB. He kind of gets overshadowed a little bit by Ware. Patrick Crayton to see if he continues to perform. Drew Henson to see any signs of improvement, just to get a little bit of confidence.

Burnett has been all over the place in games, just like he was at Tennesse. Who’s job does he take.

He'll take Singleton's job, no doubt. The question is how long will it take to get ready? 6 weeks? A month. He’s big, he’s fast enough to run with the TE, and he has a natural instinct to make plays. Al Singleton is small for the position, can’t run with TE’s and is always in position but never makes any big plays.

Henson regressed?
    Looks like it to my untrained eye. There just hasn’t been one time this preseason where you thought “Oh, he’s turning it around now”. All preseason he’s struggled.

There’s rumblings that he’s Jerry’s guy and not Parcell’s guy.
    I can’t speak for Parcells, but I do know that he is Jerry’s guy. Jerry has said he views him as a 1st round pick. So he’ll get opportunity after opportunity even when others get released.

Do you believe in Parcells mind that he thinks Romo or Henson can be the guy in the future.
    I would say no just based on his comments . When you refer to someone as “functional”, that’s not much of a complement.

Will the Cowboys look at QB in the draft next year?
    If it were me, that’s what I would do. Bledsoe is 33, nearing the end of his career. No better time than to draft a QB in the first round now, so you can sit him a year or two behind Bledsoe and then be ready when Bledsoe retires.

It appears they don’t trust Jose Cortez? Who does kick?
    Anybodies guess. They’ll probably give Cortez the job at the beginning, but everytime he misses a kick they’ll be cycling in guys on Tuesday. Wouldn’t shock me at all if Cundiff comes back when he’s healthy. That’s probably why they released him so fast, because the faster you come to an injury settlement with a player the faster the can rejoin the team. They can get him Week 9.

The way Parcells wants to play games this year with ball control and offense, kickers are huge.
    They’re vital, and you can’t be missing 31 yard field goals whether you’re rushed or hurried. Cortez has a history of inconsistency, so maybe we shouldn’t be surprised.
  2. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    10, 9, 8, 7, 6..... :D
  3. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    To be fair, that situation Cortez was put in in the Texans game was a once-in-a-career kind of deal, and it really shouldn't be held against him. He'll never be in that same situation in the regular season, so I don't see the big deal. He's been consistant outside of that kick, so we'll just have to see.
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Thanks Inman.

We definitely need a quality kicker, esp. given that we will be playing a ball control offense which relies on defense and field position.
  5. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ROTFLMAO LTN :lmao: Is that sig, Jacob Rodger's kid?....... :p:
  6. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He missed tons of kicks with the 49ers...
  7. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received

5,4,3,2,.... :D
  8. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,451 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    LTN - Great pic in the sig. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :lmao2:
  9. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It can double as Rogers. ;)

But I meant it as the inevitably, assuredly, most certainly, book-it injured "she".
  10. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    It appears they don’t trust Jose Cortez? Who does kick?
    Anybodies guess. They’ll probably give Cortez the job at the beginning, but everytime he misses a kick they’ll be cycling in guys on Tuesday. Wouldn’t shock me at all if Cundiff comes back when he’s healthy. That’s probably why they released him so fast, because the faster you come to an injury settlement with a player the faster the can rejoin the team. They can get him Week 9.

I thought that about Cundiff too, dont think weve seen the last of him.
  11. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,730 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Yeah, but it looks like he'll be on the team on opening day doesn't it? A few people who believe in what they say will be sporting crow avatars, with one notable exception. Oh wait, he doesn't really believe in what he says, does he?
  12. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He's not with the Niners right now, is he? Last I checked, he's hit 4-5 this preseason (his only miss being that rushed kick with 0 seconds in the half) with a long of 46.
  13. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  14. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OMG LTN Im crying..... :lmao2:

Not too many females can make my cry, grats you get that distinction for the day..... :p: ;)
  15. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    I've been pretty solidly in Al's corner, but I'll be the first to say I hope Burnett takes over there as soon as possible. No surprise there.

I just get annoyed when everyone dogs Al and are ready to cut him. He is solid depth and a good vet leader for a crew of young LBers. I hope Burnett is soaking up everything Al has to teach him because its going to be Burnett's job soon enough.
  16. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    You sound kind of bitter about that. :D

Although we all hope "she" stays healthy, "she" does have a bit of an injury history.
  17. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Finally...some sense coming out of the local dallas writers.

- Mike G.
  18. RedLine

RedLine Member

848 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't think Henson will play tonight. Bill is focused on his starters and their backups, not the third guys.
  19. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    As he should be. The evaluation period is over, except for those on the bubble, and they won't see action until later in the game. It's time to get these guys ready for real games.
  20. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,134 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    I'd probably actually prefer Romo just play out the game. Its clear he's #2 at this point, but he still needs as many reps as possible.

We can start this Henson/Romo thing all over again next year.