1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: JJT: Pals Tony Romo, Jason Witten want to share title

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gemini Dolly, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas -- Their friendship, about a decade old, began on a shuttle bus as Jason Witten and Tony Romo traveled from the airport to the Dallas Cowboys' Valley Ranch training facility in hopes of fulfilling their lifelong quests to be in the NFL.Their relationship was forged on the practice field under the glare of Bill Parcells, who challenged them nonstop mentally and physically, and at Witten's house, where he and his wife, Michelle, and Romo, their favorite third wheel, spent many evenings watching "The Bachelor" and "American Idol."

And it has been solidified during long conversations about the bitter disappointments and frustrations of trying to make America's Team a winner again. These days, Romo and Witten, the longest-tenured teammates on the Cowboys, discuss the joys of fatherhood and ridding themselves of a legacy neither wants.
    "Most of our careers, we've been taught the same way," Witten said. "I can be honest with him, and he can be honest with me. If he doesn't like a route, he can tell me.

"Any time you can have honest communication, it allows you to be in search of perfection. We've had a lot of smiles and success and happy times together, and unfortunately had a lot of tough days together. I believe we've been built tougher and stronger because of those experiences."

If the Cowboys figure out a way to lose Sunday at Seattle, it won't be because the team overlooked the Seahawks.
    Romo and Witten won't let that happen. Not this season.

Read More:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8367808/pals-tony-romo-jason-witten-dallas-cowboys-want-share-title
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks for that, Dolly.

:)
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,996 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    Very good read...