1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: JJT: Spin on Jason Garrett gets blurry

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JJB500

JJB500 Member

327 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Sadly it didn't have a positive one either. That's how you pretty much get average every year.
  3. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Wearing a headset can be overated. Switzer wore a head set, when he was the Cowboys headcoach, but I highly doubt it was plugged in. :cool:
  4. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    The problem isn't whether head coach's can call plays. The problem is that Garrett sucks at it. That's why he is being replaced.
  5. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    JJT sure knows how to sale newspapers, don't he?
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,097 Messages
    3,085 Likes Received
    ESPN Dallas isn't a newspaper.
  7. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

848 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    :hammer: ......very well said....don't know why so many think this is personal....its more a performance issue. Just like a player, if he can't perform then you have to replace him. Doing the same thing over and over without success and expecting better results is the definition of stupidity.
  8. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,432 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    And JJT doesn't sale that either.
  9. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Granted. But that wasn't the point. JJT is notorious for taking issues and making them more of an issue than what they really are.
  10. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    JJT is one of several mediocre spinning non truths all along to create a blur, then he writes a story about how the Cowboys created the spin that led to the blur.

Pathetic!
  11. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,265 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    There is this one thing that some people are leaving out, Jerry wanted Garrett to be the play caller, Garrett tried hiring Paul Chryst to be the OC, after the 2010 season, but Chryst did not want to leave Wisconsin at the time, I believe it had to do with his children school situation, also at the same time, Texas was trying to lure Chryst here as well.

Chryst stayed at Wisconsin, and now he is the head coach for the Pitt panthers.
    I do not believe for one minute that Garrett fought to keep calling the plays, I believe that Jerry was the one that kept insisting that Garrett be the play caller.

I do not believe that Calahan will be the play caller, I have a feeling that Jimmy Robinson will be the play caller. I've mentioned this to other Cowboys fans before that They should let Robinson call the plays.
  12. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,166 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    ..bad thing for Garrett.

Considered when he was brought here from Miami it was to be THE OC first and foremost and he's now losing that title due to non-performance.

I give it to Jones..he tries to give people a chance and he does spend the money to help this team win.

Unfortunately, I think not enough blame is placed on the players and coaches when they lose and too much credit is given to them when they win.

But that is the nature of professional football. At it's highest levels, it's a thing of beauty, filled with noble virtues and agendas.

At it's lower levels, it's a cruel way to make a living. Hard on the body, hard on the head like with the recent suicides, traffic manslaughter accidents, bounty-hunting suspensions, etc.

This season has been like few others I've ever seen as far as costs and failures. And not much has changed.

So for me..Garrett needs to be the next change and we need a fresh start. Right now I see the Redskins and Eagles and Jints WAY WAY ahead of us in the race to the SB with no real improvements to speak of.

There are no Jimmy Johnson Arkansas buddies out there for Jerry Jones to reel in and cure what ills us.

Too bad.

:banghead: RedBaLL EXPreSS:banghead:
  13. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    That they took playcalling away from him might hurt his chances of finding an OC position on another team next season.
  14. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Likely help his chances in keeping his HC job though.
  15. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,270 Messages
    900 Likes Received
    My question for people who buy into this theory, is why wasn't Wade "forced" to call his own defense if Jerry is so hell bent on his head coaches being coordinators on one side of the ball?
  16. whynot

whynot Active Member

122 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    He was.

Remember what happened after Brian Stewart was fired?
  17. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I think the question would apply to the time before Stewart was fired.
  18. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    The ref iced the kicker ..... not Jason
  19. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Oops. The Jerry hate is so strong with some posters, they forget about some facts.
    :laugh2:
  20. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    IF thats the case it didn't have any positive impact whatsoever as well.