1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Joe D to interview for Bears HC vacancy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by pjtoadie, Jan 1, 2013.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Are we mad at Joe D now? Harris proved that with the right guy back there and a bit of blocking, special teams was much improved.

Once we got over the idea that we HAD to use Felix and Dez (thanks in part to our GM/Owner's wishes), things improved greatly.

I'd like him to stay personally, but I don't NEED him to stay.
  2. Blue Eyed Devil

Blue Eyed Devil Active Member

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Interesting insofar as it weakens a conference rival. We need fewer Lovie Smiths and more Joe DeCamillises head coaching NFC teams. If we can't win our way to the playoffs we can sabotage all our wild-card challengers until we get in!
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    I think you're forgetting how long DeCamillis has been here (Wade fixture) and how bad our special teams have been. And are you seriously implying Jerry was the arbiter behind taking so long to find a decent return man? That is a stretch at best, and I don't particularly like Jerry.
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    im sorry but Decamillis isnt the problem with the special teams. Dallas organization just doesnt put a priority on special teams. Decamillis is a very good ST coach. Always has been. But Dallas basically told him here u have this get it done. Basically what they do with the OL. They hire very good OL coach and plug in guys and tell him make it work
  5. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    So what you're saying is we need more 'special teams drafts'?

Sorry but your logic doesn't apply here. Special Teams guys are bottom of the roster fringe players on every team. Part of the ST coach's job is to make sure that unit works together and works effectively, and that they can block on a kick or a punt. Nobody is getting special consideration or premiere players on their squad.
  6. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Good An Take Ryan With You
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    I'm not going to argue about the special teams coach. I think Joe has a very minimal hand in what's wrong with this team.

And yes, I am absolutely saying Jerry had a hand in Felix continuing to return even though it has been clear for years he is terrible at it.
  8. dstone2962

dstone2962 Member

80 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Jacoby Jones says hi.
  9. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    I know Jerry loves to meddle, but based on what? I'm genuinely curious. Was there an article or interview somewhere, or is it purely based on the fact Felix played at Arkansas and so did Jerry?
  10. nalam

nalam The realist

1,282 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Rather take JG as OC, LOL
  11. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Member

864 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Joe D, please do well in your interview.
  12. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,803 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    I'll say about Coach Joe what I said about Garrett before. Perhaps he makes a better head coach than coordinator.
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,320 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
    Joe DeCamillis interview will be in Dallas on Saturday, not Chicago. Either way, it's a huge opportunity for him and well deserved.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    It's based on his repeatedly getting in front of the media and saying Felix was doing a good job and that his job and role were secure, you didn't see those posts throughout the season? Check Google.

I have never believed Jerry cut the guy a break or drafted him because he went to Arkansas, so you're barking up the wrong tree on that one.
  15. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Member

206 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I think The Count is referring to articles like this.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2012/09/owner-coach-appear-to-be-at-odds-over-jones-role/
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,756 Likes Received
    I agree: the chances he's a better coach than Lovie anytime soon are slim. The Bears were stupid to let Lovie go.
  17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,210 Messages
    1,959 Likes Received
    Please Bears, please take him.

And for the record, the Bears firing Lovie was a total dumb arse move.
  18. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,221 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Joe D for Lovie Smith and people complain about our FO?
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Please take him...
  20. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,203 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I am vividly reminded of the exact same response here when New Orleans interviewed Sean Payton. *shakes head*

Don't know whether to laugh or cry . . .