1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Joe Horn hopes his size/speed numbers will continue to attract attention from pro sc

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 23, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/4951443

An explosive performer for the Eagles for four years, Horn ended his time on the gridiron with AU as the program's career leader in receiving yards (2,681) and touchdown receptions (28), and was the single-season mark-setter in TD catches (12).
    His numbers exploded Nov. 13 in a season finale against Lake Erie College that garnered major attention after the Eagles drubbed the Storm, 87-17. Horn scored six touchdowns in the game " one on the opening kickoff, four receiving and one rushing " and totaled 163 yards receiving in an individual performance that landed his name on ESPN.com.

While Horn said he's basically 6 feet tall, the average NFL receiver is 6-1. But he already has a few selling points, as the 4.46 40-meter dash time he clocked this summer is solid among receiver's standards, and he said his 3.9 in the pro shuttle run " which is featured at the NFL Combine " is very quick for a receiver based on last year's Combine times.

"Over the next couple months, I'll probably only have one or two shots to wow the NFL scouts," Horn said. "If I don't make the best of that chance, then I'll probably end up playing Canadian, and that's perfectly fine with me. ... My agent thinks I'm very well suited to be playing at that level."
    n Contact Doug Haidet, sports editor, at 419-281-0581, ext. 245, or dhaidet@times-gazette.com.