Joe Mixon (OU) punching woman video finally released

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by jimmy40, Dec 16, 2016.

1. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

16,232 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    I won't post the vid but what a pathetic pos this guy is. Ray Rice career ender, Joe Mixon red shirt year. Nice job Bob Stoops.

Achilleslastand likes this.
  2. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,489 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    No excuse for what he did. Hope he never makes the pros and pays for what he did.

Ill never understand why women hit guys first though. Boggles my mind that they dont weigh the risk of perhaps getting the heck knocked out of them

3. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

829 Messages
    1,079 Likes Received
    He shouldn't have hit her and she shouldn't have hit him first.

tyke1doe likes this.
  4. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

829 Messages
    1,079 Likes Received
    Another thing, the video said it was 2 something in the morning. It's highly likely that alcohol was involved.

5. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

7,808 Messages
    2,578 Likes Received
    Why, its a win-win he doesn't hit her back she "embarrasses or emasculates" him or he hits here back and she gets "famous"

6. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

16,232 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    story was he called her gay friend a faggot, she took up for him and got her face broken. After the fact he said racial slurs were hurled at him but witnesses said it didn't happen.

7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

68,496 Messages
    25,587 Likes Received
    Bad scene. Hard defending him in any way after that.

8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

74,319 Messages
    23,497 Likes Received
    Whatever the circumstances surrounding the disagreement, she hit first. That alone opens you up to a response, whether a guy punches you back or not. Folks need to keep their hands to themselves.

Amy50632, DFWJC, stasheroo and 6 others like this.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,467 Messages
    48,665 Likes Received
    So much respect for that response.

I believe in self defense against any one attacking you but I also don't think any decent human being can throw a haymaker at a women's face like that. Grab her up. Take her down. Restrain her. Whatever you have to do to put an end to the situation. This was swatting a fly with a sledgehammer.

However, as horrible as I am to say this this is not an innocent victim. This isn't the same as some woman just getting beaten on by an abusive male. She attacked and happened to do it against someone with no consideration for her gender. That's the chance you take when you think you have free reign to hit people.

But in the media he's satan and she's an angel. That's the way it is these days.

10. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

829 Messages
    1,079 Likes Received
    At the end of the day, that's really all it is. Just people that couldn't keep their hands to themselves.

11. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

3,778 Messages
    4,305 Likes Received
    He smoked her for sure.

That said, if he somehow ends up on the Cowboys, I retain the right to claim the video evidence isn't clear and this is just a matter of he-said, she-said.

Robbieac and haleyrules like this.
  12. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

9,955 Messages
    4,528 Likes Received
    Shouldnt be allowed in the nfl.

13. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

10,757 Messages
    28,411 Likes Received
    lol. She had it coming!!:lmao:.....(this should be a popular position) jk!!

Trouty and LocimusPrime like this.
  14. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

13,699 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    A man shouldn't hit a woman, at least initiate the violence. However, women shouldn't take advantage of this social norm, by trying to hit a man without recourse. So, if a woman hits a man, I believe his first response should be to let her know this sort of thing will not be tolerated, and she better control herself or else. If she fails to heed his warning, then he should either put her over his knee and give her a spanking, or slap the taste out of her mouth. That should put her in check.

15. Stryker44

Stryker44 ^^^Skins Fan

2,165 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Why was no jail time served??

16. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

4,157 Messages
    1,005 Likes Received
    I guess the courts looked at it and deemed no jail time was worthy. I will never understand why she pushed him when he looked to be walking away and then slapped him. I know men are not supposed to hit women, but I've taught my daughter from a very young age to never strike a man either because you never know if the man you hit will snap and strike back.

I know the law is on my side as far as pedestrians in a crosswalk, but I'm not going to cross a street in a crosswalk unless I'm sure traffic will stop for me.

17. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

3,452 Messages
    2,281 Likes Received
    Ok just watched the video and no doubt she was in the wrong but cmon, the force he applied back was way, way outta line. The dude is 6,1 and 220 lbs for christs sake. There is plenty of ways he could have restrained her without decking her. Cant see how anyone could defend Mixon at this point. Shame on you Stoops/Boren for not doing the right thing.

18. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

11,016 Messages
    26,620 Likes Received
    What if a female comes at you with a cast iron frying pan, baseball bat, or a cleaver. Should you be able to defend yourself before you get cut or stabbed or worse.

Just curious what people think here. I've seen a dude get his face smashed in by a 125lb girl w a foot long mag light. Ouch. His head was bleeding and he was unconscious in the street

Personally I try to avoid any confrontation whenever possible

19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

32,503 Messages
    17,967 Likes Received
    I don't think he will be.

20. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

3,778 Messages
    4,305 Likes Received
    In that scenario, assuming you didn't see it coming, you gotta defend yourself.

From reading some of the reported background of Mixon's case, he had the opportunity to leave (and some of his teammates apparently did), but he lingered on and engaged the girl and her friends. He should have walked out long before that happened.

LocimusPrime likes this.