1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

'Joe the Plumber' strikes back at media

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Oct 19, 2008.

1. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You said it yourself...they worked together.

That's it...there's nothing else.

All you have is the question of who he consorts with.

At this point voters either think that's a big deal or they don't.

So far it seems most people could care less.

There's nothing else to dig up.

Hence...no trucks in front of his house.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,453 Likes Received
    As I said liberal voters don't care about character issues, they don't care what Obama believes in or his relationships he has formed over the years. Hence their refusal to look into it in the meantime they attack Joe an avg guy yeah that is the liberal way.
  3. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Talk about painting a broad stroke.
  4. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Actually, according to a poll released today, only 20% of moderates consider the Ayers connection a legitimate issue, compared to 10% of liberals and 65% of conservatives. Looks like you're barking up the wrong tree.
  5. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I got news for you.

It isn't just Liberals that don't care...Obama isn't where he is by just getting liberal votes only.

But please continue to delude yourself.

:laugh2:
  6. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That's what I just said.

Talk about having your head stuck in the sand.

7. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    it does seem they've spent more time discrediting joe the plummer than looking into anything all that negative about obama.
  8. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,453 Likes Received
    He has a slim margin and he is running in a year where the incumbent President has low ratings? Who is deluding who? By any reasonable account this should not even be a race yes I think many do care and if the media would get off their love feast with Obama instead of talking about putting a chill up their leg and gushing over him and do their damn jobs then I think you would see many step up and question Obama and his past.
  9. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Look the Ayers issue has been looked at...period.

That what he was talking about.

There's nothing there...besides do you have a problem that he worked with the guy.

And as has been posted...most people don't care.

And not just Liberals.
  10. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Spin Cycle.

I don't care if he wins by one vote.

Care to talk about how Liberals are the only ones who don't care about Ayers?

11. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    In the last day or two? Sure, because Joe's still a fresh story. Throughout the campaign? Not even close. The Ayers thing has been in the news since early in the primaries. The problem now is that it's not news - it's a tired old story that everyone's heard by now, but that nobody other than conservatives accepts as a legitimate campaign issue.
  12. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,624 Messages
    1,387 Likes Received
    Part of that is that Joe the Plumber is brand new. They Ayers topic was first brought up by the Clintons during the primaries. It is old news as they say. Yet, it is still brought up quite regularly. All told, Ayers has been mentioned or referenced much more than the plumber.
  13. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    the people that *care* are the ones who don't like obama.
    the people that *don't care* are the ones who do.

nothing unusual here. this is why i hate people that get so wrapped up in their "side" they can't see "their guy" objectively.

they must defend.

as for what's been reported in the media, i've read more about joe the plummer than i have about obama and ayers. isn't that a tad odd?

let's crucify someone for doubting obama's policies and look the other way at potential flaws of him.

like i said, someone comes after your parties guy, you defend. you go after their parties guy, they defend.

it's just an ugly mess people do not even seem to really want out of or they'd quit it.
  14. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  15. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,453 Likes Received
    I think people would care if the media did their damn job and reported on it and looked into it deeper than they have but they don't they continue to give Obama a free pass on most issues and bring up race and mudslinging anytime the question comes up.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,658 Messages
    6,395 Likes Received
    You think so, Ice?

I say this in honesty. I've seen more articles for and against Obama than I've ever seen about McCain. McCain is a known quantity, so it makes sense not to have as much coverage about him.

But to suggest that there haven't been any negative attn brought to Obama, I think is not being entirely truthful. I think what has happened is that Obama's campaign has been able to overcome almost every negative thing lobbed his way so far.
  17. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    overall. i know more about joe than i do about ayers. sorry, i just don't read the media that much or get into it cause one side will go down in defense of the man and the other side will never stop the attack. this goes for both sides.

understood. i'm not saying ayers has had less media time, i said *I* have read less about him than joe. i see less of it on tv than joe. *I* do. i'm not looking for stories about either one, but i do know joe is getting his personal life thrown out to the public and why?

why?

so *FOR ME* and how i read the news and watch tv, i've seen more anti-joe media out there than ayers/obama connections.

if you have seen otherwise, great. not arguing that point, only what i have seen.
  18. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,453 Likes Received
    It is about the media doing their job and not playing favors and frankly they are. They have ran polls in the media over the years and recently and the vast majority in the media do describe themselves as liberal by a wide margin and the fact it shows up in their reporting and what they choose to report on and what they choose not to does play a role. Iraq for instance the only time they report on it is when something bad happens how often do they run stories on improving conditions or successes taking place? Not much. There is a real bias out there not some fabricated spin job by conservatives
  19. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This week...I'd agree with you.

The Ayers story has been out there for months.

For God's sake Google Obama/Ayers Connection or something like that.

You'll have more than you ever wanted to read.

It's old.
  20. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    i didnt say any. mccain can't break wind w/o dogging on obama. i've gotten tired of that too. i've long since gotten tired of the 'oh yea, but what about THIS!" style of arguing in politics in general.

in dallas texas, how i surf the web and watch tv, i've seen more information dogging joe the plummer than i have about the ayers/obama connection.

i know joe the plummer has tax leins and how much he made last year. why? why should i know that? i don't know the same about obama or ayers. it's likely been said, it's likely been talked about, i've just not seen it.