1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

joe theisman.....

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by juck, Nov 7, 2005.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    is the most annoying announcer ever.his views are so one sided towards the skins,and he acts like he knows everything.i hate him,honestly.lol.
  2. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i agree on all levels of your argument
  3. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The way he went on about Brunell was sickning....he's a true "born" leader. He was hurt last year, but would not talk about it...etc etc... :skins: :ralph:
  4. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    about 1% as annoying as Moose who still says "we" when talking about Dallas.

He's the very face of unprofessional.
  5. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    You would think the way they went on about "Scott" Brunell in the first half, that he was Joe Montana. Then I glanced at the top left of my screen, and saw they were up by three (10-7). That's when I realized, it's still "Scott" Brunell, and it's still the Redskins, and they still can't score, no matter how much Theisman creams on about them.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,543 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    This is a repost of a repost of a respost, but I agree so wholeheartedly that I will chime in again.

Theisman is the worst, ... a weiner of a broadcaster.

He makes the dumbest comments and then defends them to the end.

Theisman: "He was glad to take that sack from Ray Lewis headon to show his teammates how tough he is. They will respect him as their leader after he wakes up."
  7. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Then you can do what I do while watching sunday's at home.

Turn down the sound, and pop in your favorite CD's.

You can always turn it up when something huge happens, or somebody gets hurt.

It is a dark age for NFL broadcasting. Fox, CBS, ESPN are all garbage.

Maas? Baldinger? Moose? Alberts?

I can admit, that the only guy I like listening to is Troy. He's calm and fair and smart.

If its a Dallas game, turn down the sound, and listen to the radio feed.
  8. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Buff -

You trying at all to defend Theisman is nearly laughable. Your far more intelligent than that.

You cant argue his homerish ways. I still cant believe ESPN has him as an announcer. Those guys squabble like old ladies fighting over some old mans attention. Joe is the worst about it.

Anyways....

Daryl is a GOD.... book it!
  9. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,543 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    I'll tell ya what I do a lot, like last night.

I put up the split screen, and watched and listened to Law & Order on the small side and left the game up on the big side and just listened when something caught my eye.
  10. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,019 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    He does say "we". At least he is honest about it. He also is pretty impartial when it comes to analyzing the game.

Theisman doesn't admit it, nor does he call the game partially.

He is a very bad color commentator.
  11. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,972 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    When is Theisman's B-Day. Remember the game where we sang him happy B-Day...lol
  12. br4822

br4822 Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    joe theisman is the only commentator besides the biased raiders announcers that i hate with a passion. anyways i was thinkin do you guys think that aikman sees a guy like theisman and hates him so much that hed rather lean toward not being a homer than to be seen like theisman? just a thought.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Hey Bufford, congrats on the win over Philly last night.
  14. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Moose doesn't work for the Cowboys anymore. Troy has no problem being professional. Moose does.

Yeah, he's a Homer. No doubt. My point is that I haven't seen anybody here complain about the guys who are far worse.
  15. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,731 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    What's annoying is that guys like Schlereth, Theismann, Jaworski, Hoge, etc blatantly cheer on their teams in their "analysis" like a bunch of 14 year old fanboys all of the time.

Yet Aikman, Irvin, and Moose almost go out of their way to not say anything good about the Cowboys. When Aikman, Irvin, and Moose do say some positive things about Dallas, they are immediately labeled as homers.

Rich..............
  16. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,734 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    The other thing about theisman is he says things that are just flat out wrong. He'll comment on a play, for instance ...how wide open someone is, then they'll go right to replay and the guy has 2 LB's a few steps on either side of him who are just waiting for the QB to throw the ball so they can jump the route.

Its happened so many times that i just laugh, at first i actually felt bad for him, thinking he keeps saying this crap and then the replay so obviously contradicts him, and its all quiet in the booth until one of the other announcers changes the subject, i use to be like "ouch, thats gotta be awkward for Theisman" but since he keeps doing it again and again and not learning to wait just 1 or 2 seconds before impulsively commenting i just cant help laughing at him.
  17. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received

thanks. It was a fun game....and they didn't have T.O...and we didn't have Griffen (not a push by any means).

I could believe it was 70 degrees at 10pm in Washington last night. I was in short sleeves at the game.
  18. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received

you sir, are on crack.

Only Troy goes out of his way to not say anything.
  19. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,387 Messages
    17 Likes Received

I dont think many people see Aikman as a homer.
    Irvin's homerism has settled down over the years, however he is STILL a U homer and still a WR homer.
    Moose is a homer, he doesnt even try to mask it.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,292 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    Irvin has been critical on several occations when talking Cowboys. As for Moose the only time I can recall him referring to "we" when talking Cowboys is when he is talking about something they did in the past when Moose was part of "we"