1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

John Elway backs McCain

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CowboyPrincess, Oct 24, 2008.

1. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DENVER, CO — Vying for a underdog victory in Colorado, McCain campaigned alongside Mile High City’s most famous comeback kid Friday.

John Elway, the Hall of Fame QB who led his Broncos to dozens of fourth quarter come from behind victories during his career, appeared alongside the GOP nominee and said he believes McCain can huddle his team together and win on November 4th.

“Senator, it’s the fourth quarter…and some pundits on TV are already counting you out but I know a thing or two about comebacks,” Number 7 said to cheers from about 2,000 supporters. “And I cannot wait until November 4th when you once again prove those pundits wrong and are elected as our next president.”

Elway also praised McCain’s experience.

“As an NFL quarterback, I learned about pressure under fire, leadership, and personal sacrifice–all for the good of the team. John McCain has demonstrated these same traits throughout his many years of service to our country,” he added. Former Bucs and Broncos Safety John Lynch also spoke at today’s Denver rally.

McCain is currently trailing Obama by more than five points in Colorado according to an average of recent polls and he recently cut his TV ad buy by 50 percent in the Rocky Mountain State meaning he will be outspent 8 to 1 in the final week of the campaign.

Asked later by reporters how many points McCain needs to score to win, Elway took an optimistic view.

“I think he needs a field goal. That’s all he needs,” Elway said, adding that he doesn’t believe current polls